Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #1

how do I get on my roof

I own a 2011 Mountain Aire and it did not come with a back ladder. How do I get on my roof?
Has anyone have a type of ladder they take with them that stores in the garage? If my roof is over 12 feet high do I buy a 16 or 20 foot long ladder?
Thanks in advance.
Bill DeGrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I have one of these, it has a 17 ' working length. It folds up small enough to easily fit in the MH basement.

I had the 13' model but it was too short.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I have one of these, it has a 17 ' working length. It folds up small enough to easily fit in the MH basement.

I had the 13' model but it was too short.
Hey all, here is one at sams club looks the same as route66 Multi Function Ladder - 17' - Sam's Club
Richard
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Yep, looks good.

Don't buy a Little Giant at 3 times the cost as the Cosco model and the Cosco is rated Type 1A, 300lbs.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Which ever ladder you choose get a swimming noodle and cut it in half and put a piece on each side at the top of the ladder where it contacts the coach. It will help cut down on paint scratches and fiberglass damage.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I carry one of these: Amazon.com: Telesteps 1800W 300-Pound Duty Rating Aluminum Telescoping Extension Ladder with Wide Step, 14-1/2-Foot: Home Improvement

joe
Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My roof is about 12 feet. I have two ladders.. one is a 10' telescope I use on the sides of the MH (too short to get on the roof) the other is a 16 (I think) foot extension ladder, that's about fourteen feet extended. That is the minimum (really need one more foot)

As it happens, I like a traditional extension ladder, I spent 7 years on top of those suckers as a Roofer. The mounted ladders I do not like at all and at 300+ pounds they do not like me either.. I ripped mine off, Partially by just climbing it, the rest with tools,

OH, the extension ladder I have (A vintage SEARS product) converts to a STEP ladder, Works great come wash & wax season.

The 10 footer is enough for me to do "Edge of roof" things like chaninge hats on the stink pipes.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #8

As always you guys are great. Thanks for all the ideas.
Bill DeGrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof