RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2020, 09:13 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
How do you like your Newmar

Just wondering how your new coaches are working. We up graded our 3 yr old Londonaire for a 2020 Essex and it has been a nightmare from a quality control issue. Going back to our dealer with a list of 54 items. The service people are doing what they can and over time will sort through the issues. Just seems like it’s a different company than the Newmar we experienced with out Londonaire.
Spartan has been great.
This coach should have never left the factory.

2020 Essex 4534
2018 Wrangler Rubicon

kadd9400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #2

Our 2020 New Aire is great, only a few small issues and almost all of them have been failed vendor items.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:50 AM   #3

2019 with 20K miles here. No issues that would keep us from traveling and camping.
Good luck. It will be worth it when you get things sorted out.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:11 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Same type of situation with my 2019. First Newmar coach was great. The 2019 a piece of junk with a long list of problems since day one. No question that Newmar has quality and design issues these days. Sure they fix things but a little quality control would save a new owner a the hassle, cost and frustration of taking a new coach in multiple times for the same problems that were supposedly fixed but turned not to be.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #5

Not in the same league but I was disappointed with my BSS as delivered from Newmar in ‘16. They left out the rear window, left out a floor heat register, the Durashield looked like crud and had to get it replaced (twice) and had to repaint the grill where the paint got pulled off. From a design standpoint who here would design the gray and black valves to be in the middle of the tank, inaccessible for any repairs? Who would put in a sleeper sofa that you can’t possibly sleep without modifications?

I have to say that we still like our BSS but they seem to rush things out the door. Not sure how being part of Winnebago will help.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #6

Had a 2008 Essex and it had its share of issues. Not really sure anything changed other than they have really gone to cheaper furniture. Ours held up great. Look at units 2-3 years old that live in the south and all of them are pealing. Not just a bad batch but they went cheaper in the material they choose. Could be they are doing the same with all areas of rig. Down sized to class c and if/when we go to a class a again not going to be another Newmar. Rig cost me a fortune to keep in service. Always something breaking. Better quality out there.

Enjoy the journey
Old 02-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We just picked up a VTDP 4362 and it has need nearly flawless. Very pleased with the quality.
Given you concerns and the size of your list you might want to consider a trip to Nappanee to get things fixed up. We have had some dealer work that created more problems than they fixed
Old 02-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Going to the factory to fix things on a 6 figure purchase, that should have never left the factory in the first place sounds like a great idea. Provided Newmar is willing to pay your round trip fuel. Not going to happen - LOL
Old 02-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi - Had an '18 and now a '20 DS, same floor plan. Both are good coaches however the new one has had more, but limited, issues related to pushing it out the door too early. Still better than any other brand we have owned. Overall the Newmar's have been a good experience.

Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadd9400 View Post
Just wondering how your new coaches are working. We up graded our 3 yr old Londonaire for a 2020 Essex and it has been a nightmare from a quality control issue. Going back to our dealer with a list of 54 items. The service people are doing what they can and over time will sort through the issues. Just seems like it’s a different company than the Newmar we experienced with out Londonaire.
Spartan has been great.
This coach should have never left the factory.
2020 Essex 4534
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
I

I agree that it never should have left the factory with all those issues. Having said that, it also is obvious that the dealership didn't do a proper PDI either if you have 54 items. There are several dealerships I will never buy from because of lousy PDI.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Before I condemn any brand or product, I would like to know some of the most serious items you have on your list of 54. Your first post is to bash Newmar. I've been on the forum for a long time and I don't trust anyone who bashes a brand in their first post and then usually are never heard from again. Often they're mad that one thing wasn't fixed, so this is their way of getting back at the company.

Even if your complaints are legitimate, the way you presented them, lacks credibility. I'm not a Newmar Koolaid drinker as Newmar has certainly had issues, but let's be fair.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum, kadd9400
In years pass there have been problems with the ESSEX coach's do mainly with the older E-PLEX Systems, I have logged info from owners in this thread and always updating for owners as I will do with your 2020.
The thread will be found in this information sticky that covers many other items in a Newmar coach.
Has your dealer contacted Newmar about your problems to resolve with them or advise on how to fix?
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #13

We purchased a leftover 2019 BSS in November and have about 2500 miles on it now. We are just wrapping up a 5 week snowbird trip to Florida. A few minor issues I was able to fix myself and two significant failures. One of two house batteries had an internal short and a thermal runaway issue that was very scary. And the Norcold fridge stopped dead. Neither of these issues reflect much on Newmar. I’m expecting Norcold to make good on the fridge though the process is somewhat tedious. Notwithstanding, I have found the Newmar to be superior in nearly all respects to our previous coaches - a Thor, a Winnebago and a Fleetwood. Time will tell.
PetesMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Before I condemn any brand or product, I would like to know some of the most serious items you have on your list of 54. Your first post is to bash Newmar. I've been on the forum for a long time and I don't trust anyone who bashes a brand in their first post and then usually are never heard from again. Often they're mad that one thing wasn't fixed, so this is their way of getting back at the company.

Even if your complaints are legitimate, the way you presented them, lacks credibility. I'm not a Newmar Koolaid drinker as Newmar has certainly had issues, but let's be fair.
1st of all I don’t think I was bashing Newmar I was just stating the fact that this coach is not the same as our previous coach. As far as discounting my post and validity because I have a life and don’t post over 22000 times is very rude. I stated they will get it sorted out and the service people are doing their part. The main point was that this coach should have had a better review before leaving the factory. As far as issues some are major like a non functioning leveling system and a keyless start system that may work or may take 10 minutes to start coach and some are cosmetic like clear coat completely buffed off and major warping of large doors inside coach. Now that may work for you but for my coach it doesn’t and I have the right to post.
I hope you have a great day but maybe find other things to do besides troll this forum

kadd9400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar