Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #1

How do you use your Sani-con or Turbo-Sanicon-con

Looking at how people use their Sami-con systems.

Does the sewer end of the Sani-con or Turbo version go through the wet bay floor opening?

Do you have it ready to go or do you have to set it up each time out dump.

Can you run it dry for a few seconds?

Any remote switches to turn on pump and open valve or valves? (I know Dutchstar Don does on black water) any others

Any other approaches or method please let me know.

I see the 2018 DS going forward will have the Turbo 600 attached to the floor.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've found that my older non-turbo unit doesn't flow enough to keep the solids suspended. Frankly I've only used it once in over 2 years.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Does the sewer end of the Sani-con or Turbo version go through the wet bay floor opening? YES, as far as I know all Sanicon ends will fit through the opening in the wetbay

Do you have it ready to go or do you have to set it up each time out dump. Permanent mount and connected all the time. Super easy to operate and NEVER any mess.

Can you run it dry for a few seconds? YES it can run dry for a few seconds. I have never run it dry for more than just a few seconds.

Any remote switches to turn on pump and open valve or valves? (I know Dutchstar Don does on black water) any others. I do not have the electronic gate valves but may install them someday.

Any other approaches or method please let me know. I have the standard Sanicon but I upgraded the hose to the 1.5" instead of the 1" standard hose.

I see the 2018 DS going forward will have the Turbo 600 attached to the floor.[/QUOTE]
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Looking at how people use their Sami-con systems.

Does the sewer end of the Sani-con or Turbo version go through the wet bay floor opening?

Do you have it ready to go or do you have to set it up each time out dump.

Can you run it dry for a few seconds?

Any remote switches to turn on pump and open valve or valves? (I know Dutchstar Don does on black water) any others

Any other approaches or method please let me know.

I see the 2018 DS going forward will have the Turbo 600 attached to the floor.
1) the SaniCon hoses goes through the rubber output port at the edge of the water compartment door. (Like that of the water hose on the left side.)
2) No, you leave it inserted into the dump while in camp with the black valve off and the grey valve open or closed.
3) Yes, but only a few seconds. It is best to install a see-through elbow on the RV's dump outlet. Then observe the liquid level dropping indicating the tank is empty. Turn it off then. Excessive dry operating will damage the impeller.

Peter
Old 08-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #5

My Turbo doesn't seem to have a place for a see-through connection. Can you post a picture of yours? Talked to Sani-con and they don't offer one. Last RV had one on traditional hose and became very accustomed to it and liked very much.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #6

The see-through piece is not a SaniCon part, it is merely a Camping World purchased short 45 degree clear plastic 3" diameter elbow. The standard claw lock plastic fitting attaches right to the main dump outlet. Then the SaniCon 3" hose clamps onto the clear elbow.
I hope this helps.

Peter
Old 08-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #7

Got it. Ours is factory installed on our Precept 35S and hoping someone has cracked that on a Turbo permanent installation. I had that clear elbow and depended on it for satisfaction in the dumping process. Not quite used to the Turbo without being able to observe what's happening.
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a DIY macerator pump. Use it to dump at home, 150' distant. Use it to fill Blue Boy - can leave it attached on the street to towing vehicle. I connect it in place of stinky slinky to use. Controlled by a switch in the wet bay. Watch it and shut it off soonest it runs dry.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have the notch in the door frame of my wet bay. When I hook up at a campground, I first connect the water hose and then push the water hose into the notch in the door frame. I then connect the SaniCon and push that hose into the door frame notch and shut the door. I never use the opening in the floor of the wet bay.

I leave the grey water drain open and then dump with my remote switches in the coach when the black tank gets full. You would have to leave the SaniCon running dry for awhile to ruin it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #10

Don,

Do you have the 1 in or 1.5 inch hose. If you have 1 do you think the 1.5 would fit in the notch? I think the new Turbo comes with the 1.5 inch hose.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Moved the opening

I have a 2017 Dutch Star and found it MUCH easier to use the sanicon by moving the wet b ay floor opening to the right so that it is not directly under the 3" outlet from the tanks. (I also did it on my last coach) If you choose to do this, just make certain that you insulate and seal the old opening VERY well from the inside and outside to maintain the integrity of your bay floor.
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:44 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Worth a thousand words

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4599.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	172026
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Mine is the first generation SaniCon. I think both the 1" and 1.5" will fit. I always push the water hose into the slot first, since it's narrow at the back. It's got a rubber seal on the notch, so it will fit a larger hose than you think.

Here is another thing that I did. My SaniCon has the 3" cap fitting on the end of the hose. Since there are a variety of openings out there 3", 4" and some 5", I took one of those threaded adapters that has a 3", 4" and 5" thread and then glued in a 3" threaded connector to the top of the adapter. I just used a 3" threaded cap and cut off the top. This allows me to install the adapter in the drain and then quickly attach the SaniCon connector.

Over the years I've used the above and another hose connector I made. I like things to be simple and not take a long time to set up. Here is the other end I made, by just drilling out threaded caps and using pvc unions to keep them in place and from leaking.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well, guess I'm the odd man out. Take it out to dump, just run the hose out the door without running it thru the hole in the wet bay floor, dump, put away!

Works for me