Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #1

How much for tires in your country

We finally buy our dream motorhome a London Aire diesel bus 2001 and we are very happy.We have to buy tires (8) Michelin XZE 12R22.5, here in Montréal the price is $723.00 each. May be in USA the price is lower. If someone know how much is the tire price near of Plattburg or in the Vermont State we rally appreciate.

Thanks
Robert&Danielle
Dream Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #2

If you are an FMCA member, they offer a discount program for Michelin tires. You can log onto the FMCA site to get the specifics. If you are not an FMCA member, it might be worthwhile to join just for the tire discount program.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Team View Post
We finally buy our dream motorhome a London Aire diesel bus 2001 and we are very happy.We have to buy tires (8) Michelin XZE 12R22.5, here in Montréal the price is $723.00 each. May be in USA the price is lower. If someone know how much is the tire price near of Plattburg or in the Vermont State we rally appreciate.

Thanks
Robert&Danielle
Are you sure on the size? At work we can buy low profile 22.5 tires for around 400.00 each. One salesman came in a while back and had kellys for 385.00. These are all truck tires but when I do mine I'm going to put them on no matter how much negative feedback that I hear about it. US dollars. Jim
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #4

I paid around $780. ea for two Michelin XRV 305/70R22.5 at Pneu Lavoie in Gatineau, QC. Installed, balanced etc...
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #5

Yes i am sure of the size but is to much expensive in quebec if i have in usa for lower price i go there. For an example last year i bought a fan microwave and i paid $699 a week after i check on a web and in USA the same model is $399.
Dream Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #6

When we went to replace our motorhome Good Year tires a couple years ago, they couldn't supply us with anything newer than a 3 year old date code; so we went with Hankook at 2/3 the price!! Couldn't be happier! We now have Hankook on all of our cars.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can compare pricing with Sears Michelin tires trouble is they do not mount them.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeauchamp View Post
I paid around $780. ea for two Michelin XRV 305/70R22.5 at Pneu Lavoie in Gatineau, QC. Installed, balanced etc...
That's actually a really good price so certainly worth checking in Canada but in general, I find many items can be significantly cheaper in the US. When we have to buy new tires for ours, I'll most likely buy them there rather than in Canada.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #9

Almost $2,400 for a set of 4 tires. Yikes.

Two summers ago, we bought a set of new tires for our Subaru in Oregon. Dw is an accountant and she shopped all over the place in BC (metro Vancouver) for the best price. We bought the same tires at 1/2 the best price in BC at a Costco in Oregon, plus we got free installation, their full warranty in Canada and we did not pay any sales tax.

And last summer while in Oregon, we bought a set of new tires for our truck at a Costco. Again, they were about 1/2 the cost of the best prices in BC.

I don't know how "they" can explain such a price difference in Canada, but I have to assume the government is pocketing a lot of it in tariffs and duties. And then we've gotta pay all that sales tax upon purchase. It sure hurts.

You *could* always order tires online from somewhere like Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels. We get lots of things shipped to a shipping depot just across the border to save on shipping costs, brokerage fees and duties. You could also get tires shipped to a location just across the border and then get them mounted there. But of course, you need to think about the tire's warranty.

Oregon is a long way away for someone from Quebec, but without looking at a map, there's always New Hampshire and Delaware if you want to save on the sales tax.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";1559513]You can compare pricing with [URL="http://www.sears.com/automotive-tires-rv-tires/s-1036907
Sears Michelin tires[/URL] trouble is they do not mount them.
They also do not have my size.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Team View Post

Thanks
Robert&Danielle
I might be well worth you while to join FMCA for the tire discount program through Michelin. I couldn't find you exact size on the list but XZE 255/70R22.5 load range H sample price at $469.56 plus taxes. You will need to find a Michelin commercial tire dealer that participates in the program.

I just purchased 6 new Michelin XRV 235/80R22.5 at $378.52 each. Even checking on Hankook, Toyo and others, Michelin was the best price for my application. I also need to pay the dealer about $200 for mounting and balancing etc.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #12

Jin the FMCA membership ($50) and next time you go to USA buy them there. You will need tyo contact them prior to purchase and they will tell you where to go in the vicinity.
Her in Quebec they will rob you as much as they can and the Government is the Champion.
TI just renew my immatriculation plates for my Newmar 2008. It cost me $920.
I could just swear. Apparently my neighborns in Ontario do pay about only $120.
The bottle of wine that you pay $8.50 in Florida (M<enage a Trois) do cost $19 here in Quebec. And this is just the tip of the iceberg...
laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
You are from Quebec Province - Your FQCC (Camping Association) has a discount program with Michelin - Are you members and did you try this important benefit of 30% at Michelin

In my Province, New Brunswick, right close to Quebec, I get a better discount from my Michelin dealer than the FQCC 30%
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurier View Post
.Here in Quebec they will rob you as much as they can and the Government is the Champion.

TI just renew my immatriculation plates for my Newmar 2008. It cost me $920. I could just swear. Apparently my neighborns in Ontario do pay about only $120.
GASP!!! They really have you by the knockers!

We just renewed the plates in Ontario on our 34' Winnebago Adverturer for $82, same as our cars! And if you happen to have any kind of trailer: $25 for a lifetime licence plate!

Tags
tires