Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2019, 06:21 AM   #1

How to access engine compartment - 2003 Dutchstar

I am a new to me owner of a 2003 Dutch Star 3803. Can anyone tell me how to access the engine compartment? I am thinking that somehow it is accessible from the rear closet area, but I am concerned about removing a panel or something that should not be removed or has a procedure to remove and replace. Mine has a rear closet. This is a Cat 3126E rear engine.
Thank you.
kmb1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2019, 06:56 AM   #2
DJJ

2 access panels, the one you need to open to access your HEUI is in the closet on the left side. Remove the screws both sides and front, it's hinged in the back so you will want to have someway to keep propped open. The other hatch in front of the closet is accessed by removing the wood panel under the closet doors, it's held by Velcro, 2 hex head screws at the top of the hatch need to be removed and this hatch is also hinged on the front or bed side. It won't help with access to your HEUI though.
Jeff
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:07 AM   #3

Is this the same for a 2000 Dutchstar 3859? I need access to the VDC that is giving me problems with erratic air pressure readings on my dash.
bootcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:36 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The pictures here should show how you will access motor compartment, this link comes from SPK64's MOD's and repairs he did to his 2002 coach and all his threads are in QT's#3 at end of first page.
You should look at them all because you will be needing them for your coach, good luck.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #5

For my 2003 DSDP 4006, there were several bolts on the vertical and floor part of the cover (through the carpet).

I had to end up buying two large suction cups designed to pick up large pieces of glass to pull it forward and then up.
ASU777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #6

Thanks for your replies. I will let you know what I see.
bootcamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutchstar, engine