Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
How to remove 26 inch front TV ?

2006 DSDP with 26 inch flat screen Sony Bravia on right side of front coach with black nets on eaach side - How to remove and replace with larger screen ?

Thanks to all !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3265.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	20715  
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do not own one but can you see on sides with flashlight any mounting for LCD and maybe a lock devise on mounting that has to be released so LCD can lift off mount.
You may need a mirror also to see back there.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Do not own one but can you see on sides with flashlight any mounting for LCD and maybe a lock devise on mounting that has to be released so LCD can lift off mount.
You may need a mirror also to see back there.
Thanks ''007''

Will try the mirror thing but everything is so tight
Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #4

It may have two vents on the back you can cut them lose and see the mount this may make it easier.
Beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #5

I just took mine out of a 2009 Southwind today. There was a panel under the TV that was held in place by 4 capped screws. Once I removed the screws and the panel I was able to reach behind the TV to remove the 4 bolts holding the tv to the cabinet. There was no way to reach behind due to the clearance between the TV and the cabinet in which it was mounted. Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyl View Post
I just took mine out of a 2009 Southwind today. There was a panel under the TV that was held in place by 4 capped screws. Once I removed the screws and the panel I was able to reach behind the TV to remove the 4 bolts holding the tv to the cabinet. There was no way to reach behind due to the clearance between the TV and the cabinet in which it was mounted. Hope this helps.
bobby! no panel under TV, just a big block of very nice Newmar wood like a big casing all aound the 26 inch Sony and as my pic shows(prev post), 3 black tissue vertical things (?) that I do not want to damage before someone gives me the right answer

beacher............2 vents on the back of what?(no back vents here) - the rear of the wood casing is open, very hard to reach and a mirror does not help much except show the wiring
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I guess it will be hard to get an answer to this simple (for those who have done it) TV change on a 2006 DSDP
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN3265.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	20774  
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #8

We took out my buddy's tv in his 2005 MADP but I can't remember how we did it I'll call him later and see if he remembers.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #9

Just talked to my buddy and on the back of his cabinet that the tv is in there are two vents that we took off and then took the four bolts out of the mount to the tv and the tv came down. If none of this helps I'll ask my friend if he knows he owns a camping center and they sell Newmar.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #10

Renden,

I just removed my 26 inch Sony TV from my 2006 Dutchstar and replaced with a Sony 40 inch LED TV.

I brought the front blind down and squeezed myself between the windshield and the TV cabinet. The cabinet is open at the back and you can see the mounting bolts holding the TV to the metal support attached to the inside cabinet. So you unscrew the 4 bolts and remove the TV from the cabinet. Be careful as the TV is not very heavy but be prepared to grab it when the last bolt is free.

The dismounting in your case maybe a little different as I see that your 26 inch Sony TV is a different model than my 26 inch Sony TV.

Good Luck,

Gaetan
Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaetan Lavoie View Post
Renden,

I just removed my 26 inch Sony TV from my 2006 Dutchstar and replaced with a Sony 40 inch LED TV.

I brought the front blind down and squeezed myself between the windshield and the TV cabinet. The cabinet is open at the back and you can see the mounting bolts holding the TV to the metal support attached to the inside cabinet. So you unscrew the 4 bolts and remove the TV from the cabinet. Be careful as the TV is not very heavy but be prepared to grab it when the last bolt is free.

The dismounting in your case maybe a little different as I see that your 26 inch Sony TV is a different model than my 26 inch Sony TV.

Good Luck,

Gaetan
Thanks Gaetan - great advice - could you elaborate on you new installation as a 32-40 inch flat screen will not fit in the present hole
Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #12

Renden,

If a picture is worth 1000 words, then here are two pictures.

You don't have to fit your new TV is the existing hole which limits you to a TV approx 26 inch. You can install the new TV over the existing cabinet. As you can see in the picture, there is approximately an 1/2 inch gap around except for the bottom part of the TV is a little higher than the cabinet by approx 1 1/2 inch so it extends down a little bit.

Once you have dismounted the TV from the cabinet, remove the TV Wall Mount from the cabinet because I doubt very much that you need it to mount your new 40 inch TV. You will need to cut a piece of 3/4 inch plywood to fit in the hole in the cabinet. The height will be dictated by the opening height of your cabinet and the width will be based on the mounting holes on the back of the TV (the width on mine was 14 in). You will need to attach this plywood to the cabinet. I simply made use of some flat aluminum (1/8 inch thick by 2 inch wide by 14 inch in length. I then use screws and bolts to secure everything to the cabinet. You can see the upper aluminum piece fastened to the inside cabinet and the 3/4 inch plywood. Also you can see two of the 4 mounting bolts (metric size) holding the TV flat against the front of the cabinet. I should mention that the new TV is not any heavier than the old one.

The difficulty will be to determine precisely where to drill the holes in the plywood to mount the TV.

The new TV is a 40 inch LED Sony Model KDL-40EX620.

I am quite happy with the end result and if I was to redo it, I would do it just the same way.

Gaetan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01363.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	20815   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01364.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	20816  

Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #13