Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #57

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Old problem OR NEW?

When looking with camera do you have enough camera cable length to see tank outlet?

Sometimes the cut out disc falls inside the tank when installer is doing the vent/drain pipe/dump pipe installs and just leaves it.
Cutout disc can float around, stay away from outlet opening until one day it gets sucked into/up against outlet opening thereby blocking/restricting flow OUT when drain tank

With macerator TP/Poop clogging is less likely due to the stuff being in a slurry form.....unless you LEAVE black tank dump valve open when connected to sewer
Then that surry stuff can build up.

Could try one of those clear backflush adapters.....connect to dump line/hose and force water back up thru dump line to attempt clearing any obstruction
Off the beaten path with a question about leaving the valve open or close.When using full hookups what is better to do leave the valve open or close
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK23 View Post
We live full-time in our 2017 DS 4369. Our black water tank is slow to drain. I have used a mirror to look at the waste valve with the tank emptied and all is OK that I can see.

We have a macerator toilet. Every time I dump I follow with a 40% fill of water and dump again. Then I run the black water flush about 20 seconds to add water to the bottom of the tank. I would think this is enough to keep the tank clean.

We also add Camco TST after each dump.

I don't know how, but I suspect I have a clog where the tank empties into the waste pipe.

Anyone experienced this?

How should I fix it? Chemicals?

I would appreciate your comments.

Rex
Not sure this will help because my setup is different but maybe something here will give you some ideas. I have Happy Camper but only used it the first time last week so no report. I also have one of those clear adapters with the gate valve & backflush connection, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, but I also have 3 elbows back to the tank and the flow is too slow to help much. The hose outlet needs to be much bigger.

Here's my problem: I don't have a macerator toilet and the drain pipe goes straight down to the tank which is flat and not very deep. So waste (toilet paper, etc.) plops to the bottom of the empty tank & stays there while the water drains away. Then more collects & collects eventually plugging the drain pipe from the toilet. I bought one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but didn't like it so bought one like this - https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...H70PP3230D8ZRA. I used that to push & blast the clog. I then filled the toilet with water, flush it, immediately followed with a 5 gallon bucket of water then went outside & pulled the gate valve to drain the tank. I closed the gate valve and dumped in another toilet full plus 5 gallons, then drain the tank again. That cleaned it all out.

I then added 10 gallons of water to the tank so the waste could move around & not collect directly under the toilet drain pipe. That seemed to help but it's only been one time. Good solution when hooked to sewers but I don't want to add extra water when we have no sewer hookups.

It would be infinitely better if my pipe from the toilet curved at the bottom so the waste & water would flow sideways into the tank to keep things moving around.
permitwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #59

Black Water Clog

Just a suggestion. HAPPY CAMPERS just developed a product that is aimed at soild build up in the black tank. It is called Extreme Cleaner and the instructions are on the website.
We have used the Happy Camper odor free holding tank treatment for years after trying just about everything else.
It is a truly amazing product.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #60

I know I'm not one of the kool kidz but we do have the same floor plan Newmar as you with the same macerator toilets.

I am using the same Valterra fitting with a 1/8" high pressure hose with a 4.0 sewer jetter head hooked up to a 1700PSI/ 1.2 GAL/MInute pressure washer about every 4 months to keep the tank level indicators working properly and removing build up in the black and gray tanks. Works like a charm. -Paul
Old 06-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I'm going to put my 2cents in for the FlushKing... With the added gate valve you can truly backwash and fill the tanks. I use in and fill and dump the black tank twice and the grey tank once. I've used one on all my rigs and never really had a problem.
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #62

Just a thought, you said your tank drains slowly. Maybe something is blocking the vent on top of the roof. A small bird making a nest or a wasp nest might be restricting the air flow into the tank. Hope you get the problem resolved!
dlmelendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water