Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #1

HWH 625 Leveler - Excess Slope

During the last couple of trips, when leveling on parking spots that are relatively level to begin with, the system shuts down indicating "excess slope". The HWH manual indicates that the "excess slope" condition occurs when one or more jacks extend to its full length. That did not happen, rather the system merely shut down during the leveling process. I ultimately retracted all jacks and leveled manually each time. After leveling, all yellow lights are out and the bubble level indicates the unit is level. As mentioned before, none of the jack were even close to fully extended. Has anyone had this happen or does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong? All jacks work, just does not auto level properly.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
When you AUTO level do all your yellow lights go off during the process of AUTO leveling. READ THIS.

This is a list of service bulletins from HWH. Go to level sensing pdf's may give us a clue.
With movement of jacks during AUTO level the sensor may have gone out of wrack from a rock hitting it or something else.
This thread will show what your level sensor looks like and how to adjust.
You may have sensing control unit in control box go to sensing maintenance section of this link 625 system.
If none of this helps a call to HWH service maybe warranted.
All this info can be found in Quick Tips Link.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #3

Kind of interesting. I called HWH the same day as the original posting (8/3) and was told a tech would call me back. I called yesterday (8/5) since no one called yet and was told that the techs are several days behind in addressing their phone inquiries and that I was still in the listing and should expect a call within the next couple todays. Still no call as of today. Also said that the techs are extremely busy. Understaffed or lots of problems it would appear. I will report back when they call and what they say. 007, thanks for the tech bulletin but it didn't address my specific situation.

No urgency since I can still level manually, but surprising.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
excess slope

Jim,

Have you resolved leveler problem? Ours does the same thing.
Bob and Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #5

Bob and Vicki
Sorry I forgot to post the resolution. HWH finally returned my call and accurately diagnosed the problem as a faulty pressure switch. They sent a new switch for about $100 and it was a diy project. Easy to get to and replace myself. The switch is located on top of the pump/valve assembly and has pipe thread which requires teflon tape. The wire merely plugs back into where it was disconnected. It fixed my situation and I haven't had any issues since.

Good luck
Jim
Old 01-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jim L, thanks for the follow up problems do popup again it seems with coach systems.
Added to Quick Tips.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Jim.
Bob and Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote