Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
When installed on a DS, do they have to add an auxiliary air tank and/or compressor ? If so, where do they put them ?

Yes,
My tank is in the front near the gen. The air compressor is installed in the front DS electrical compartment on my coach, but on my friends it is installed PS side of the generator. There is no standard installation.

ken
kenk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2019, 08:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
My rig came with Koni all the way around. Got better when I put the EVO's on the front. Now, with the active air it rides even better. I already had air leveling only but now it seems to have a better range.
Still learning the ins and outs of driving it and the adjustments.
I just got under my coach, I can’t believe that those tiny little shocks are adequate for the 17k front axle no under it bounces to high havens, any way Mr. D this question is for you, from reading some of your previous posts I understand you have cats, how did you managed to have your Active air installed with your cats on board, I will be faced with the same issue, I have no place to keep her for a week. Thanks

Zzotte
Old 09-02-2019, 08:12 PM   #17

Having spartan comp upgrade my OEM shocks made a BIG difference wrt bounce.

Can someone ballpark an installed price for HWH active air? Also installs are done where?
Old 09-02-2019, 08:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post

Can someone ballpark an installed price for HWH active air? Also installs are done where?
it’s about 10K and it’s done at the factory in Moscow, Iowa, I’m getting a quote tomorrow

Zzotte
Old 09-03-2019, 05:43 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post

Our was just under $10,600
Old 09-03-2019, 05:51 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzotte View Post
I just got under my coach, I can’t believe that those tiny little shocks are adequate for the 17k front axle no under it bounces to high havens, any way Mr. D this question is for you, from reading some of your previous posts I understand you have cats, how did you managed to have your Active air installed with your cats on board, I will be faced with the same issue, I have no place to keep her for a week. Thanks

Zzotte
Your cats will be no issue. Most of the work is underneath the coach, but when they come in they will always close the door if they know you have cats. If your cats like to try to get out, then just put them in the back and close the bedroom door (you'll need to put pillows under the door) if you are going to be away from the coach.

Living in the coach up on the rails (6 feet up) is different, particularly at night when you are alone in the building.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:17 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Slides? Does active air keep the coach level when parked or does the coach still take on the grade it’s parked on ( before dumping and leveling)? Just wondering if there is an advantage for deploying the slides?
Boilervol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:38 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I had Active Air installed back in June 2018. Absolutely the best mod I have made (yes, the most expensive as well). I love to be able to really see that I'm at ride height, and believe it ... going around corners is much, much easier on the coach - stays level instead of leaning out. I rarely use my jacks now, the auto level is perfect and it stays there forever. Yes it is worth it.

Understand that the new Entegra Anthems and Cornerstones now have Valid Air ... which I understand is just as good as HWH Active Air - but I'm not in the market for a new coach.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #23

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Any idea what the current wait time to get an appointment.
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #24

Ok appointment it’s all set August 2020 a good time to visit the Midwest

Zzotte
Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Headed to HWH on October 14 to have Active Air installed. We will be living in the coach for the week with our mini labradoodle. I’ll post my thoughts after a week or so of travel. Moscow Iowa for a week, wow!
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #26

Had the HWH active air installed on my 2014 MA not too long after delivery. From the start it did not function properly. After HWH tried numerous things for me to do to fix it, they had me return to Moscow at which time they discovered they had installed the wrong hardware in the rear( from an earlier version), all day to change out and remount correct hardware and reprogram. said everything was fine , drove back to NC and system still not functioning correctly. They tried me doing several fixes, non worked, said I would have to bring it back to Moscow. I said I had already done that with no results and they should send someone to me to fix it. Last I heard from them. I no longer own the coach. So for me it was not the wonderful driving experience that others have had, just sayng.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by resullivan View Post
Had the HWH active air installed on my 2014 MA not too long after delivery. From the start it did not function properly. After HWH tried numerous things for me to do to fix it, they had me return to Moscow at which time they discovered they had installed the wrong hardware in the rear( from an earlier version), all day to change out and remount correct hardware and reprogram. said everything was fine , drove back to NC and system still not functioning correctly. They tried me doing several fixes, non worked, said I would have to bring it back to Moscow. I said I had already done that with no results and they should send someone to me to fix it. Last I heard from them. I no longer own the coach. So for me it was not the wonderful driving experience that others have had, just sayng.
Wow! That’s not good, they are supposed to have a very good reputation

Zzotte
Old 09-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry davis View Post
Headed to HWH on October 14 to have Active Air installed. We will be living in the coach for the week with our mini labradoodle. I’ll post my thoughts after a week or so of travel. Moscow Iowa for a week, wow!
Hey Jerry, did you have any problems getting the info they requested?

Zzotte

Tags
air, hwh