Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
HWH ActiveAir

Has anyone installed HWH ActiveAir on their motorhome. I'm thinking about doing it; however the cost is almost $10,000. Is it worth it?
If you have this system, will you please share all that you can about it? I'm in the decision mode right now. We purchased a 2014 MADP 4369 to be delivered 02/06/2014. I would have to travel to Moscow, Iowa have it Installed and wait five days for the installation to be completed.
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4Me4Life View Post
Has anyone installed HWH ActiveAir on their motorhome. I'm thinking about doing it; however the cost is almost $10,000. Is it worth it?
If you have this system, will you please share all that you can about it? I'm in the decision mode right now. We purchased a 2014 MADP 4369 to be delivered 02/06/2014. I would have to travel to Moscow, Iowa have it Installed and wait five days for the installation to be completed.
RV4Me4Life ... you're in luck. redbaron73 lives and breaths this stuff. I tried to post in some of his blog reports. He's your man!

HWH Active Air - First impressions - iRV2 Forums

HWH Active Air - First 30 Days - iRV2 Forums

HWH – Active Air System Failure & Repair - iRV2 Forums

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newm...ml#post1706166

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks FLSteve for linking those posts!

RV4Me4Life: after reading those prior posts, feel free to ask any questions about it. I will tell you that I love the system and have no regrets.

Another member, PDRJohn opted to install just the air level portion. That was what I originally was going to get, but I was offered a very good deal to be the first DSDP with Active air.

Good Luck on your venture!
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Thanks FLSteve for linking those posts! RV4Me4Life: after reading those prior posts, feel free to ask any questions about it. I will tell you that I love the system and have no regrets. Another member, PDRJohn opted to install just the air level portion. That was what I originally was going to get, but I was offered a very good deal to be the first DSDP with Active air. Good Luck on your venture!
I am so grateful to FLSteve and redBaron73 for your posts. Thank you so much. I look forward to having the full ActiveAire system installed. I'm sitting here with my wife right now who has felt a little uncomfortable on the road after having drivers training for big rigs at Lazy Days. The wind and the trucks passing her Interstate-10 near Tucson was a major issue for her. She felt very uncomfortable driving our DSDP. I believe ActiveAire will solve driving issues for her.
Again thank you.
Joe
Old 01-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #5

Active Air will make it drive like a whole different beast. Like Redbaron73 said, we just had air leveling installed. Which does nothing for driveablity.

We spent 3 days in the HWH building, pretty amazing to see them build every piece in house.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #6

RV4ME4LIFE,

making this post on iPad, so can't quote you. If your wife is uncomfortable driving the rig, I would suggest her taking a course with RV Driving school. I took it back in November with Sharon de Rosario and highly recommend it. Sharon is in Benson, AZ for the winter. The course is tailored to your need (well your wife's) t is a great course. Search for RV Driving school on the forum, some good comments about them.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
RV4ME4LIFE, making this post on iPad, so can't quote you. If your wife is uncomfortable driving the rig, I would suggest her taking a course with RV Driving school. I took it back in November with Sharon de Rosario and highly recommend it. Sharon is in Benson, AZ for the winter. The course is tailored to your need (well your wife's) t is a great course. Search for RV Driving school on the forum, some good comments about them.
Hello Lisa W, Thank you for your input. My wife took a course October 2013 at Lazy Days, Tucson Arizona, and has a certificate. The driving course was wonderful. She learned a lot. She has been behind the wheel; however, the two biggest problems were the cross winds and the 18 wheeler trucks passing her by at very high speeds. These two scenarios are the ones that make her most nervous. She feels that she will get over it with time as she gains driving experience. HWH ActiveAir system coupled with Newmar's Comfort Drive should help her with her confidence.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Hello Lisa W, Thank you for your input. My wife took a course October 2013 at Lazy Days, Tucson Arizona, and has a certificate. The driving course was wonderful. She learned a lot. She has been behind the wheel; however, the two biggest problems were the cross winds and the 18 wheeler trucks passing her by at very high speeds. These two scenarios are the ones that make her most nervous. She feels that she will get over it with time as she gains driving experience. HWH ActiveAir system coupled with Newmar's Comfort Drive should help her with her confidence.
I took the one at Lazy Days also. They offer a very good course. The one from the driving school was much more intense and one-to-one instruction for 4 hours per day for two days. If she is comfortable except for the cross winds then this other is probably not needed. The first time I drove the RV my OH was a wreck! Seems she drives to the left of the lane (to much in my opinion) and I drive to far right for her. It was so bad, I actually pulled off of I-10 within 2 exits of starting, found a safe place to stop, and got out of the driver's seat. I think I may have taken the course just to get her to understand I was good to go - hearing Sharon say I was fine, and not to far left, seemed to help her confidence and mine.
The things we do!