Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #1

HWH auto leveling system

Hi y'all, I'm a new member here and I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with their HWH auto leveling system? I have 2 lights stuck on and I can't find the sensor to "jiggle it" like the manual says to. I have a 98 Newmar Mountain Aire 4030 Freightliner.
57Mike57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum,Mike.
Your jacks have sensors on top off the cylinders that sense a jack that has not fully retracted by your jack springs.
Looking at the shiny piston and bottom of cylinder if you see any shine of piston the alarm will come on when you try to drive off in coach.
With the coach engine running rehit the store button and may open solenoid so spring can close piston to its stored position.
You have a old coach the springs may have lost their spring tension and can be replaced with the new tapered end springs.
This link will have many more answers for you and QT's # 3 has a section on older motor homes that maybe helpful for you for other items.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
HWH auto leveling system

It would help if you describe if it’s the red or yellow lights that are on. The level sensor on our 1999 MADP 4080 is outside under the passenger seat mounted to the bottom of the floor.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #4

The jacks DO retract all the way, so I can drive the motorhome. 2 of the yellow lights are on and won't go off. The manual says I need to tap or jiggle the leveling sensor, but I can't find the sensor to "Jiggle' it.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
Commercial Member

which leveling system do you have. is the control box under the dash, or on the end of the pump. one system is very different from the other.
if you can identify the system, you will be better able to find the level sensor.
the 610 system, which has the aluminum box under the dash, has a round level sensor usually mounted under the floor of the coach in a compartment.,
its a round piece about 3 1/2 inches in diameter, and will be black on the bottom. its mounted with three screws that are used to adjust it.

the 625 has a level sensor mounted inside the control box, which is on the end of the pump. the instructions for adjusting it are in the service and operators manual.

either one can be adjusted to solve your problem.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert66 View Post
It would help if you describe if it’s the red or yellow lights that are on. The level sensor on our 1999 MADP 4080 is outside under the passenger seat mounted to the bottom of the floor.
Ditto on my level sensor - look just in front of the passenger front tire up high (if you have the 610 system).
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #7

Yellow lights are OK... There are 4 yellow lights and 4 red lights.

Yellow lights just mean that that side, or end of the coach, is not level. Normal condition.

Red lights mean that the jack in that position is not fully retracted or down. When the system is leveling you will see the red lights come on and then the yellow lights will go off as soon as it is level.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:50 PM   #8

I don't know where the pump or control panel is, but from the sound of it when it was working, its somewhere in the back of the RV. There is a pegboard mounted just inside one of the basement doors, the pump and control panel might be behind it. I'll look tomorrow. Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions, and have a great week.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Mike57 View Post
I don't know where the pump or control panel is, but from the sound of it when it was working, its somewhere in the back of the RV. There is a pegboard mounted just inside one of the basement doors, the pump and control panel might be behind it. I'll look tomorrow. Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions, and have a great week.
It's a large unit... Mine is mounted under the entry door in front.. Right beside the generator.

Not an expert but I would think that water and storage tanks are behind the pegboard.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:41 AM   #10

Not sure what year Mountain Aire you have - that info would help everyone help you better.
The HWH pump/reservoir/solenoids/manifold is tucked just in front of the rear bumper on the driver side, on mine.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Mike57 View Post
Hi y'all, I'm a new member here and I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with their HWH auto leveling system? I have 2 lights stuck on and I can't find the sensor to "jiggle it" like the manual says to. I have a 98 Newmar Mountain Aire 4030 Freightliner.
He says he has a 1998 year model.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Watkins View Post
He says he has a 1998 year model.
Ahhh, I missed that. A '98? I'm not sure what chassis you have - if it is a Mountain Master and DP (side radiator), you can look with a flashlight in the engine compartment immediately to the left and see the top of the unit. Still have to drop the bumper to get to it though or at least I did. Maybe the Mountain Aire is different, especially if it is a Gas model.
My buddy's '99 DSDP has the unit up front by the genny.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:42 AM   #13

Thank all of you for your input. I read all of the manuals looking for all the info I could find, but they don't specify any locations for anything. It's like they WANT you to take it to them for any repairs so they can charge you. I even went online and a mechanic told me he wanted $15 just for him to tell me WHERE the sensor is. I know knowledge costs money, but I am a retired electrical engineer and I wouldn't charge someone for me just to tell them where a fuse or control board is.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #14

The pegboard usually covers the tanks (fresh water, and black/grey) - at least on mine.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.

Tags
hwh, leveling