Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2023, 07:16 PM   #1

HWH control box location

Anybody know where the HWH control box is located in a 2018 Newmar Essex?
Thanks
Randy
Mans Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2023, 05:15 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not sure which control box you are looking for, if it's for the steps the box is in the first PS bay (the first after the main door) behind the Dometic cool box.
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:13 AM   #3

The control box Is for the jacks. I’ve been told it’s about 6x6x8”
Old 03-20-2023, 07:23 AM   #4

It’s on top of the manifold. All of the wiring is connected to it. Manifold is behind passenger side head light when you extend the generator access. What’s the issue with the jacks or the system.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:41 PM   #5

I looked at that many times thinking that’s not what I’m looking for.It’s a potted controller with some red led’s and wire harnesses plugging into it.I was told it was a box about 8” long and not weatherproof so it had to be inside.My RR touch pad warning red led is not coming on when jack is down.Using the HWH Troubleshooting manual its saying they have Two wire magnetic switches that are switching the ground.I unplugged the switch wires and hooked together and even jumped to ground no change.HWH Now Says to go to control box.I can’t find it.It maybe was staring me in the face all along.Now need to figure out which is the gray 12 pin harness. They are all sprayed with some coating.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:32 PM   #6

HWH website has wiring diagrams that show the wire numbers in all the plugs. It also defines which plug is which.
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:51 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Door side bay in front of the traditional pegboard bay. It is towards the wall where tanks are, on the ceiling between the frame rails.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans Racing View Post
I looked at that many times thinking that’s not what I’m looking for.It’s a potted controller with some red led’s and wire harnesses plugging into it.I was told it was a box about 8” long and not weatherproof so it had to be inside.My RR touch pad warning red led is not coming on when jack is down.Using the HWH Troubleshooting manual its saying they have Two wire magnetic switches that are switching the ground.I unplugged the switch wires and hooked together and even jumped to ground no change.HWH Now Says to go to control box.I can’t find it.It maybe was staring me in the face all along.Now need to figure out which is the gray 12 pin harness. They are all sprayed with some coating.

This pdf by HWH shows you how to identify your model leveling system and what the control box looks like for each model. BTW, the control box will have from 5-9 fuses on it. The touch pad is directly connected to the control box by a wiring harness. To see what that wring harness look like remove the screws holding the touch pad on. lift the pad to see the harness and plug onto the pad.

My HWH control box simply lays on the floor below the dash.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:56 PM   #9

Thanks Ray,
Looking at the HWH diagrams that potted control box on top of the pump is not the control box I’m looking for.The search continues.Next I will pull out the touch pad.
Thanks for all the info everyone
Old 03-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #10

Bobby you are correct.It is on top of the manifold/pump assembly.After I figured out mine is a 725 series system.I was looking for the wrong style box.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:52 AM   #11
Commercial Member

bobby is right. the jack circuit board is waterproof, and is located on top of the pump.
the wires are stamped about every 10 inches on the side of each wire for the entire length.
the jack down sensor is located on top of each jack. it has one black, and either one or two white wires out of the top. both white wires are for grounding.
this sensor generates a ground signal thru the black wire to the control box when closed.
. with the jack extended, disconnect the connector to the sensor and test the sensor wires with an ohm meter, it should show an open reading..
the sensor is normally closed. a magnet in the top of the jack shaft opens the sensor and disconnects the ground signal.
easily replaced.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, hwh, location