Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webz View Post
Something they may help is to use dielectric grease on your connectors. Wal-Mart has it near the automotive light bulbs. I believe they call it "bulb grease." It will help keep the elements out of the connectors.
Always part of my on-board tool box and "fit it's" which include a meter, electrical tape, tube of dielectric grease, spare fuses, spare connectors, etc. Small stuff, easy to store but essential when you need them. I also tend to keep and use a spray sealant such as Grainger's urethane seal coating to apply to closed connectors and help seal out contaminants and water.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Perhaps the most common failure in the system , due to location , this fuse holder fails often , mine passed voltage; when tested with a digital meter; but no amps to operate the system.
Fuse is the main power to the control box , control pad would light up , but there was no activity when the buttons were pushed.
Boy, I'd like to find that 40A fuse on my KS. Just yesterday I had to replace 5A fuse on the master control box. Now I need to know the trick to put the seal and plexiglass back on. "East" facing control box is not easy to get to. Still have issues. When I press an up button pump comes on, jacks go down as they should for about 2 seconds then system shuts down. Turn ignition key off then back to ACC, turn on HWH, repeat above. I can lower, front, sides, rear without it cutting out when I push the down buttons.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Hi CoachC,
There is no easy way to replace the Plexiglass and seal.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi CoachC,
There is no easy way to replace the Plexiglass and seal.
Hi Gary,
Thanks for that encouraging word!
Rick
Old 05-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachC View Post
Boy, I'd like to find that 40A fuse on my KS. Just yesterday I had to replace 5A fuse on the master control box. Now I need to know the trick to put the seal and plexiglass back on. "East" facing control box is not easy to get to. Still have issues. When I press an up button pump comes on, jacks go down as they should for about 2 seconds then system shuts down. Turn ignition key off then back to ACC, turn on HWH, repeat above. I can lower, front, sides, rear without it cutting out when I push the down buttons.
My fuse was very close to the pump/reservoir. If you know where that is, it might be close by. I replaced my fuse with a 40A self-resetting CB.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The 40 amp fuse is on a solenoid mounted on the reservoir tank, the fuse will be in a rubber fuse holder which has collected water and probably all cornrowed.
I removed mine and use a 40 amp auto reset circuit beaker.
Make sure you have the fluid level in tank between the lines of the bell vent on tank with all jack retracted.
All HWH controls are in QT's 1 & 2 with systems and diagrams.
All links below in my signature have more links to info for your coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Rkins and 007,
I'll look for it in that area.
Appreciate the help.

Cheers!
Old 05-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
My fuse was very close to the pump/reservoir. If you know where that is, it might be close by. I replaced my fuse with a 40A self-resetting CB.
2X. Right now on my to do list is move the 12 volt C/B from it's current location ( taped to the wiring 10" from the pump solenoid ) to a more secure ; and waterproof ; location.
Picture shows the solenoid loose from the pump motor , photo taken during pump motor rebuild.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0397.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	162417  
Old 06-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #23

Thumbs up HWH Jacks wouldn't extend on 2005 Essex

Just wanted to let you guys know that your posts helped a lot but of course my problem wasn't as easy to solve but it did help me rule out what my problem was. It turned out that my master relay was bad and it controlled both my jacks and generator draw. Called HWH and got absolutely no help, but called Newmar and Steve gave me a name and a number and it was the best thing he could have done. The name was Chuck and he's a HWHologist, he new what system I had just by the year and model of coach, he diagnosed the problem over the phone, told me what part I needed, right down to the part number without me having to look it up. Walked me through the whole process, ordered the part, scheduled the delivery and let me know I could call him back when ready to install. The price of the part was very reasonable, part and shipping less than $40.00. His number is 800-826-6267, he'll be more than happy to help you out. Told him I was going to post this so feel free to give him a holler.
dct123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recently attempted to extend my levelers by hitting the auto level button. Normally air is released, the chassis lowers and then the jacks deploy. This time I pushed the button and nothing happened. The blue light blinked and about a minute later I smelled burning...... I turned it off. I tried opening my generator compartment but since it is also connected to the same hydraulics, it won't open.

Does anyone know how to get the genny compartment open without hydraulic power? I assume the hydraulic pump is burned out, or a solenoid, but I can't even check without getting the generator tray open. A phone tech mentioned pulling a pin to release the tray but I don't know where that is... Any help is appreciated
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #25
Commercial Member

text me your number, and i can help.
1-602-549-3638
paul maddox hwh rep
i do not sell product, parts, or solicit service work on this forum
azpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp4801 View Post
Does anyone know how to get the genny compartment open without hydraulic power? I assume the hydraulic pump is burned out, or a solenoid, but I can't even check without getting the generator tray open. A phone tech mentioned pulling a pin to release the tray but I don't know where that is... Any help is appreciated
Any pin that could be removed to manually slide the gen set , would have to be at a connection between the hydraulic ram and the gen set slide tray, and probably only accessible by sliding under the gen set.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you. I spoke with another tech rep and I need to replace the melted fuse holder before I can do anything else. I am here for 30 days, so I have some time to work on this.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
There should be a 40A fuse inline from the 12V to the master relay that controls the motor. Mine was in a flat fuse holder. When I replaced my pump recently I replaced the fuse with a self resetting CB.

Do you have a link to this self resetting cb?

Tags
fuse, hwh