Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2020, 05:24 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
HWH level “dump” button

Can somebody tell me what’s the purpose of the dump button is for on the HWH leveling system
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2020, 05:33 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Pdmeehan
On our coach it simply dumps the air out of the airbags. It has nothing to do with leveling. When we use the auto level an air dump process occurs then the leveling action takes place.
We use "Air Dump" when staying at a level site for a one or two night stay. We've found there was no need to use the levelers with a level site.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
HWH level “dump” button

Many times when I park the coach in my driveway, I will manually dump the air to bring the stairs closer to the ground. I don’t deploy the jacks as I’m not concerned with the coach being completely level and would prefer not having the jack marks in the asphalt driveway.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:29 AM   #4

Yep air dump and I use it every time as I never use auto level and I use it at times to get coach lower to the ground...
If u decide not to use the auto level make sure u use it before lowering a jack as it is too hard on air bags.

Tags
hwh