Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2020, 12:35 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
HWH leveler adjustment location

Hi - My levelers have knocked out slightly and I want to adjust the coach back to level. I did a quick look in the basement to find the adjustment panel and it didn't jump out at me. I'd rather not unload the bays as they are full so knowing where Newmar hangs the panel on a 2020 DS 4369 would save me a lot of lugging. Thanks.

Tom
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #2

Tom - on my coach the HWH level adjustment module is underneath between the frame rails about in line with the second/third - counting from the front-basement compartments. It has a black cover on it.

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Same on the 2019, between the frame rails, probably as close as you can get to the middle of the coach. My inverter tales up the are in the pass thru bay...I'm guessing so does your, should be in the bay behind that.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #4

I would be curious to hear how the adjustment procedure works for you.

Ted.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Thanks. Just went down to that area (had looked there previously) and no joy. I am beginning to wonder if they are using a new system as I did find something unique. It was a strong magnet on the horizontal with two what looks like antennas. One is horizontal and the other vertical below it. Could they have gone to an electronic system as it looks like it is measuring magnetic fields. Pretty sophisticated if that's what it is. A Dutch Star Flux Reactor.
Thanks for the help and I'll keep searching as long as my back can hold out. Finishing the leveling using the panel by my left elbow is looking better and better.

Tom
Old 12-23-2020, 06:00 AM   #6
Commercial Member

if you will send me your email address, i will send you a service manual, including instructions on the level sensor. please indicate whether you have a grey or black connector on the end of the miom. i do not know where they located the sensor. i will at least include a picture of what it looks like.

thats the potted control box on top of the pump. fancy name

pfmaddox@att.net or text to 602 549 3638
i work full time for hwh. i do not solicit part sales or service work on this forum
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:49 AM   #7

Following
Old 12-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Well I finally decided to get a hold of Newmar via email. On this floor plan and year the sensor is located (drum roll please) in the same bay longitudinally as the Oasis between the frame rails. Accessed from the passenger side. Further back than I was looking. I just finished replacing an Oasis pump and if I was smarter I would have looked up and saw it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Pine Stump - If you try that place your going to find a big engine block!

Tom
Old 12-24-2020, 08:58 PM   #9

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
It is easy to adjust and get it back to level. Use a 4’ or lager bubble level and manually get the coach level. Then go to the sensor in the basement and adjust the screws in the sensor as per the manual. Newmar uses big self taping screws to mount the sensor to the bracket and the screws were not straight. Just make sure the sensor moves if you are loosing the screw and not hanging up on the screw. You will see what I mean when you play with the adjustment screws. Don’t worry nothing you can mess up very simple.
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Hi - Well I finally decided to get a hold of Newmar via email. On this floor plan and year the sensor is located (drum roll please) in the same bay longitudinally as the Oasis between the frame rails. Accessed from the passenger side. Further back than I was looking. I just finished replacing an Oasis pump and if I was smarter I would have looked up and saw it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Pine Stump - If you try that place your going to find a big engine block!

Tom
LOL Yes u know I have a mid-engine then....I had a new system installed a few years ago from a well known HWH installer in Elkhart and it just seems to not auto level correct and have not addressed as I always do a manual level using a level....It did however work great in his shop bay when he went thru the process with me when the job was completed.

Tags
cat, hwh