Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #1

HWH leveling system not working

My leveling system has been working fine, but when I pushed the Auto Level this time it did nothing.....no air dump....nothing. I have a couple green lights, but nothing happens. My guess is that I have blown a fuse, but I don't know where the fuse panel for the HWH leveling system is. Can anyone help?
cabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #2

It would help to know what your rig is and I assume you are talking of the HWH hydraulic jack leveling - there are many different configurations...

Was the ignition key in the ACC position? What green lights do you have store? Power?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDude View Post
It would help to know what your rig is and I assume you are talking of the HWH hydraulic jack leveling - there are many different configurations...

Was the ignition key in the ACC position? What green lights do you have store? Power?
It is a 2006 Dutchstar. Yes the ACC was on. The 2 green lights are normal. Everything looks normal, but when I push the button to auto level it does nothing.....mormally it dumps the air and starts the auto leveling process.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
??? Is your parking brake engaged or not?? Steve
Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #5

The parking brake is on. Does anyone know where the fuses are for the HWH leveling system on a Dutchstar?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Cabin,
There are many fuses for a HWH system. Before we jump to that conclusion, can you tell us what series HWH system you have? The series number (ex. 325 series) will be on the documentation for the HWH system. Do you have the HWH operator's manual?

HWH support can be contacted at 800-321-3494.

If you have the operators manual, there should be a page showing the control board. The diagram will have fuses, light and relay positions identified. Without this diagram, it will be difficult to diagnose the next step.

Find the control board. It may be located in the front of the coach to the left or right of the generator. Have someone push and hold the button for the feature you are looking at on the control board. Watch for the yellow and red light to either light or not. The manual will tell you which lights to look at and the diagram will show the position of the lights. Follow the instructions to repair/replace the part indicated by the lights.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Cabin,
There are many fuses for a HWH system. Before we jump to that conclusion, can you tell us what series HWH system you have? The series number (ex. 325 series) will be on the documentation for the HWH system. Do you have the HWH operator's manual?

HWH support can be contacted at 800-321-3494.

If you have the operators manual, there should be a page showing the control board. The diagram will have fuses, light and relay positions identified. Without this diagram, it will be difficult to diagnose the next step.

Find the control board. It may be located in the front of the coach to the left or right of the generator. Have someone push and hold the button for the feature you are looking at on the control board. Watch for the yellow and red light to either light or not. The manual will tell you which lights to look at and the diagram will show the position of the lights. Follow the instructions to repair/replace the part indicated by the lights.

Thanks for the info. I believe it is a 625 series HWH. I looked at the diagram in the operators manual, and it shows a dump fuse. But I cannot find this control panel anywhere. I will call HWH. I sent them an email several days ago but have received no response?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
See if this 625 system diagram helps.

Added to Quick Tips HWH links.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi cabin,
Having the page showing the control board means you 1/2 way there to determining the problem. That page should show the location of lights, fuses and relays. There should also be a narrative telling you what lights should be on when certain buttons are pushed. It will also tell you if only one light is on what that means. The bottom line is you will know what is wrong with your system.

I have the 325 series system. My control board is about 10 inches by 12 inches. It is located next to the valves that control the hydraulic fluid flow. The board is housed in a metal container with a clear plastic side. One can look through the clear plastic to see the lights, fuses and relays. I need to get my head in an awkward position to look through the clear plastic. When you find the control board, have someone press and hold the feature you want to test, while you watch the lights. Once the button pressing is started, the problem component will become clear very quickly.

HWH may not be the first company to call on this. They do their diagnostics based on the lights. So, you need to find the control board. Newmar or the chassis manufacturer mounted the board. If you are unable to find the board, consider calling these companies first.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote