Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #1

I got my MH out today to get ready for vacation and I parked her half on the sidewalk and half on the street. I lowered the left side levelers to get level so we could open the slides and check to see what was needed.. I brought the slides in and got in to put her away. I started the MH and put my foot on the brake and put the tranny in drive. Then remembered the levelers being down.. (I never removed my foot from the brake pedal no damage was done)

My question it shouldn't I have heard a buzzer of some kind warning me that the levelers were down? If I should have heard something how do I hook it back up?

Thanks Lee
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #2

I got my MH out today to get ready for vacation and I parked her half on the sidewalk and half on the street. I lowered the left side levelers to get level so we could open the slides and check to see what was needed.. I brought the slides in and got in to put her away. I started the MH and put my foot on the brake and put the tranny in drive. Then remembered the levelers being down.. (I never removed my foot from the brake pedal no damage was done)

My question it shouldn't I have heard a buzzer of some kind warning me that the levelers were down? If I should have heard something how do I hook it back up?

Thanks Lee
Old 07-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lee, what HWH system do you have? Is it automatic? Where there any lights also on the touch pad stating that the jacks were down? If someone has not disconnected the warning buzzer then the control board could be bad. HWH may be able to help you diagnose the issue. Let us know.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:37 AM   #4

I will look tonight after I get home from work... Yes the lights were on.. Telling me that the jacks were down just no buzzer or warning.. I think I was very lucky that I didn't take off with the jacks down.....
Old 07-24-2006, 04:46 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
As soon as I turn my key in ignition I get a whistle warning the jacks are down, I'll check to see where my warning devise is to see if its a plugin unit.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lee when you turn on your key the red led on fuse board, fuse 12, will light and a relay ,k-5 on board will operate. The sound is so high pitched its hard to locate but sounds like its coming from under board.
The fuse board is under the panel on dash board as you know.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #7

RV Wizard and "007" thanks for your replies

My HWH system is NOT automatic.. Yes the lights were on stating that the jacks were down,

I went out just now and put the jacks part of the way down got lights and no Buzzer. I looked under the dash cover and fuse 12 was not lit however and lite that was on (that was not on when the jacks were up)was D1 4 in between f15 (which is empty) and f2... I see that f15 is Jack Buzzer and the 5A fuse is missing... I am going out right now and put a fuse in there and see what happens... My relay k-5 is the Ignition Relay........

To be continued in a few minutes lol
Old 07-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thats correct its the ignition relay, if you turn your key on with jacks down that relay will click and fuse 12 led should light causing warning signal to sound and jacks down light to light on dash panel..
Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Thats correct its the ignition relay, if you turn your key on with jacks down that relay will click and fuse 12 led should light causing warning signal to sound and jacks down light to light on dash panel.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woo Hoo iRV2 has done it again.. I put a 5a fuse in f15 and low and behold with the jacks down the buzzer is sounding louder than ever...I didn't notice if fuse 12 lit or not I will check next time..... Thanks so much....

Not sure if you remember but I bought my MH used and didn't get a manufacture manual when I got her...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No problem enjoy your used Newmar.