Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2021, 01:51 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
HWH question

06 kountry star Newmar gas. How long can you leave store button on before damage to selonoids, as they get very hot. I ask because my Jack's are slow to retract
wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #2

Any idea what series of HWH your coach has ?

Have you cleaned the jacks , as per HWH methods ?

Cleaning helped my slow retract .

The second pdf on jack springs gives retraction times according to ambient temp , from the times listed , the solenoids will tolerate being active for a long time , as the system won't shut down automatically till 2 minutes after the last jack down indicator goes out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH jack maintenance.pdf (16.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf HWH jack & spring info.pdf (8.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi skip I believe it's a 300 series it's not fully automatic they've always been slow coming up but I read somewhere where it's not a good idea to leave that Jack retract button pushed Forevers so I thought I'd ask a couple of questions thanks for getting back to me so soon
Old 10-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #4

Here are a few pdfs that will be of interest .

My coach has the 310 series so I'm throwing it in just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH system identification.pdf (560.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf HWH 310 manual.pdf (219.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
06 kountry star Newmar gas. How long can you leave store button on before damage to selonoids, as they get very hot. I ask because my Jack's are slow to retract
The times listed in the previous post are HWH recommended times. If your jacks take longer than that to retract you have other problems.

When the coach is up on the jacks does it drop quickly, and hen take a long time to finish pulling them up? Time for new springs.

If it drops slowly with the coach weight on it, it needs further service.

Does only one jack move a lot slower than others? Could be a bad solenoid, or out of adjustment.

I would assume that the slides run on the same HWH system. They work ok?
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:20 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Amos and Andy I think my Jack's have Voodoo going on sometimes all come up in reasonable length of time sometimes one takes super long time sometimes all four come up at different times sometimes they all come up at different positions and stop unbelievable will take it to Moscow this summer let them figure it out thanks for your help
Old 10-10-2021, 02:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
Clean jacks with good springs will store in about 2 mins max. Any longer than that and I shut off the system, let it sit for 5-10 mins to let the solenoids cool down and then I try to store again. In the meantime I spray the lazy jacks again, especially up into where the seal is and use an old toothbrush rub the WD into the seal. Then try to store again. It never fails I usually have 1 or 2 that are lazy. I keep a square nose shovel handy to help them up. I've had all four solenoids rebuilt by HWH - took a few weeks to get them back and it cost about $150 including shipping. You pay more for one new solenoid. Take care of your solenoids.
I hope to pass by the HWH factory next year and will get all 4 jacks rebuilt. They can do it in one day.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #8
Commercial Member

if you leave the hwh system on when driving, it will open and allow cylinders to retract without the alarm going off. this works for all systems. the control box has a built in timer that shuts it down after 4 minutes for 310,325 systems, and 6 minutes for 610,625, and 725 systems. the only problem is that if one jack does not retract fully, the control box will keep trying, and eventually burn the solenoid out.
jacks that are kept cleaned, and used regularly dont seem to have as many problems as systems that are seldom used.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:35 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hwh

Thanks Paul as always you are there with help.when I got home I cleaned them with tyranny oil and they are all working. Unfortunately in Minnesota it's time to put it to bed for the season.You are a GEM for the rver thanks for the info, have a great year. John
wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh