Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #1

HWH Technical Assistance

In another thread, a forum member having a problem with his HWH Leveling System, indicated he called HWH for technical assistance and was put on a "2 week call back list"....does HWH actually do this ??? this would not be good if you are in a situation where the coach could not be moved, ie., jack/jacks stuck in down position....it is hard for me to imagine they could run a successful business with this as a model....I am interested if any body else has had a similar experience with HWH ???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:38 AM   #2

Summer rush , they do this , and I've heard similar stories about other RV system help lines.
The number of trained techs available , VS , the calls they would have to answer in Dec. VS July. Like your local dealership, there will be back-ups.
At least they have a system to answer the phone, and don't just let it ring.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
They give priority to rv techs. This had been the case for a few years now. The best defense is to learn as much as possible about your system.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
All HWH links are in QT's 1 & 2 plus all the slide info for Newmars, plus a few other older things.
Most up to date stuff is in QT's # 3.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It happend to me, I called left a message and never head from them; the about two weeks later I got a call-back (I had forgotten about the message left, but still had the problem...). The support person then spent over and hour on the phone with me trouble-shooting the problem. My problem had to do with the jacks not extending or retracting properly, however, it didn't preclude me from operating the coach so it wasn't an emergency situation. I only hope that if I was stuck on the road and mentioned that in my voice message that they would have called back immediately.
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #6

We were still under Newmar warranty and I was having to pry up one, then two, of my HWH levelers. The local rv repair shop called Newmar and then Newmar arranged a three way telephone conversation with HWH. HWH led the shop tech through a troubleshooting routine and when that was unsuccessful authorized the replacement of all four levelers. We were, obviously, very pleased.
Perhaps Newmar can help? There have also been past threads on IRV2 re HWH. At least one of them named an independent tech who is proficient with HWH equipment and has been willing to answer telephoned questions. Good luck.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #7

I believe this is the web page for the non HWH employee , expert.

HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services
Old 06-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by resullivan View Post
In another thread, a forum member having a problem with his HWH Leveling System, indicated he called HWH for technical assistance and was put on a "2 week call back list"....does HWH actually do this ??? this would not be good if you are in a situation where the coach could not be moved, ie., jack/jacks stuck in down position....it is hard for me to imagine they could run a successful business with this as a model....I am interested if any body else has had a similar experience with HWH ???
Yes this does happen. I had it happen to me, but I have since found a work around.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #9

Having been to "Moscow, Iowa" for help, I was astonished in that the plant isn't even in the town. It is outside of town which is a really small place. It was in the summer when we were there. They had 6-8 bays to work on vehicles and it looked like an ant colony, workers scurrying around, customers pulling in and out, trucks delivering material to the manufacturing portion. It was really crazy! You could tell that the personnel there were really covered over, people calling, phones ringing, CRAZY!!

We got there early for our appointment just after lunch, the day before we were due. The office personnel were really gracious, said that they believed that they could fit us in early.

We had been having trouble with our coaches jacks for many, many months. We had tried putting in valves, etc. They took it in and in a couple of hours, they called us (We were touring the countryside) and said that the bad news was that all four of our jacks needed replacing, but that we were fortunate in that they happened to have four more rebuilt jacks available. The warranty was the same, but the cost for all four was about the same as one brand new one.

Of course we jumped on that! That was about three years ago and the jacks have worked like champs ever since.

I was impressed with their customer service, with their willingness to help, even though they had customers out the cazoo. I asked them how it was in the winter time and they said they stayed busy, but that the pace was what one might consider "normal"

Normal is GOOD!
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:20 AM   #10

It appears from these posts, and from those on other forums, that a "two week" call back situation for technical assistance can and does occur. and at certain times is not a rare event....this information has given me pause for concern....I currently am scheduled to have the HWH Active Air/ Air Leveling System installed on my MH the second week of July.....this will be a new system that is somewhat complex and expensive, and most MH systems have some issues at the outset, what concerns me now is that HWH is the only place to contact for service/ tech assistance, in a condition where you may have a component failure that leaves you with a coach that is inoperable possibly in a CG or worse yet on the side of the road and needing to be towed and calling HWH only to be told that you are on a "two week" call back waiting list is not a situation that I would find acceptable, because in most cases if I can get assistance with an issue. even an unfamiliar one , I am able to deal with it....this will definitely require me to take another look at this company....thanks to all for the info.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:57 AM   #11

Resullivan, I have posted on calling HWH and being put on a call back list. I called for tech support and was told it would be two weeks but in reality is was about a week. With the help of another forum member I diagnosed my problem before the call back, when I called for the replacement part I was put on another call back list for parts and it was the next day before I got a call back. I have been told that they had to downsize a few years ago because of the economy and are in the process of hiring more people to get back up to par. Forum member AZPETE helped me out with tech support and parts, he's a good guy and knows his HWH systems. As far as needing "emergency" tech support when stranded in a campground the current situation at HWH is not good, but being stranded in a CG with a problem on any system is going to be a stressful situation. Chances are you are not going to be close to an authorized service center or be close to any kind of repair shop. If you are somewhat handy and have an internet connection. this forum will get you out of most emergency situations.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
No doubts these beasts we drive are complex things. I, too, called and emailed HWH almost 4 weeks ago and still await a call back. I am happy they are busy with the recent economy, but my oh my 4 weeks? I have a workaround for the time being, but I think I will need some new parts.
tbbg II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #13

harletman134....thank you for your candid reply, excellent information, given the fact that the HWH company seems to be in such disarray at this time, whether it be staffing problems or others, perhaps this is just not a good time to venture into this Active Air System.....bear in mind I have confidence in the AA system, as I have done extensive research into it, including talking to others who have it, and also the owner of HWH who developed the system, I have no doubt that the system will work as intended....however, the fact that the company appears to be stressed to the point of not being able to even give tech assistance in a timely manner on any systems, much less a system that I doubt that many even exist, and that they developed, and apparently has very limited resources for dealing with problems, is leading me to the decision to at least put this off until I feel HWH is in a better position to at the least be able to give any required tech support in a timely manner, and I do agree that one can have problems with any system, most of the other systems have more than one avenue of support, even with other HWH systems that have been in use for some time, there are other options than HWH to get help from....thanks again to all who have provide info on this subject.

Tags
hwh