Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #1

Unhappy Hydro Heat

I have recently purchased a 2006 4304. I have only used the hydro heat for the furnace twice. Once while dry camping on the generator and once while hooked up to the 50 amp shore power. In both cases I heard the fans operating (2 zones) I could also turn on a fan on the console (toggle switch, 2 positions) which would blow air from a vent at the base of the console. Today I replaced the fuel filter, fuel nozzle and cleaned the burner. I tested the system. I heard the fans kick in after sometime. I tried the toggle switch but it did not work this time. I have the coach stored on a 20 amp circuit. Did the forward fan (toggle switch) not work due to electrical draw? I am going to try tomorrow with the generator operating. Any ideas? Thank you.
Journey 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

By on the console are you talking about the switches on the dash near the radio/toggle switches for the gen, step cover, courtesy lights etc? If so to operate that switch for the fans requires the ignition switch to be turned to Aux. (at least on mine I THINK!) Coach is in storage I'll check tomorrow. Do the other switches work? Could be a fuse.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #3

Hi Ronnie, yes that is the location and yes the other switches do work. While camping I don't believe I left the key in the ignition.
I am going back to check today also. I called Newmar and Hyro hot before I posted this yesterday. Newmar thought it might be a fuze. He really wasn't sure how this 2 zone system worked. Aqua Hot had me call Newmar.
I am going to check fuze and if that is good, will try gen.
Thanks for your time.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #4

switch hydro heat

Hi Ronnie. I figured out the issue. OPERATOR error!
There is a fan switch on the console for the fans above the window. The fan for the heat that blows from the vents under the console - switch is located right next to the heating element switch, tht is right next to the diesel burner switch. I am sorry for your troubles. Sure felt good to figure it out though. Like to keep problems to a minimum! Have a great day!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #5

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Well curiosity got the best of me so I went to the storage area to check the batteries and the Dash fans. On my M/H the series of toggle switches on the dash...Fan on/off, Fan speeds hi/M/Low, Gen Start, stair cover, courtesy lights require chassis battery to be on and key on (I think). Switches would not work with the house battery only, but I did not try with key on. I have no similar switch in cabinet with Aqua Hot controls. Must be the differance for DSDP and MADP also Aqua vs Hydra Hot.
Keep a close eye on your Battery compartment as mine really corroded up until I switched to house AGM's
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote