RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #1

Hydronic Fan Switch Question

I have a 2015 40' Dutch Star. Just after buying it, I seem to recall a post explaining how and when to use the Hydronic Fan switch on the dash. I'm heading into cold weather this week and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #2

The switch will work when you are in furnace mode either with electric or diesel it doe not matter. There is also one in the mid bath on the light switch panel.

David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #3

Thank you, David. Just to make sure I have this correct: the switch in the cabinet in front of the passenger should be set to either electric or burner, the thermostat should be set to furnace, and the fan switch on the dash can be either high or low?
Old 12-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #4

Gregg that is correct. On another subject did you know that if you push both bottom left buttons on the light control panel by the entry door it will cut off all lights in the coach? I know the rocker switch by the passenger seat cuts off all the ceiling lights but the method above cuts off any lights in the coach off, good to know if leaving or slides are in and you notice the back bath lights are on.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #5

No, I didn't know that. We're picking up the coach today from storage - I'll give that a try. :-)

Tags
fan, switch