Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2019, 02:28 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I've never paid attention to the sound level of an Aqua Hot, but I have noticed that you smell the diesel more. I'm not being critical as it's a good product, but Oasis advertises that theirs is odorless, which I find to be true.

The Aqua Hots that I've looked at have been bigger and I believe all in one units. For that reason they may suppress sound better.
Thanks for the reply Don. I do definitely smell it when it's running. I only run it when dry camping. My wife and I take back to back showers on electric and heat with the floor (electric) down to about 35-40.
Scott
Chesuncook 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2019, 02:37 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie 4369 View Post
I imagine the noise level is similar, you can get a free dB meter app on your phone and check yours and compare it to the gentlemen's readings above.

If you are adding Genturis then that will also help redirect the noise up rather than out.

Ted.
Hi Ted, thanks for the reply. I will try the db app. I am adding Genturis more for the smell than noise. Don mentioned the Oasis doesn't smell which is great, I have had people comment on smell but not noise. I believe it is tuned OK, I think they just smell.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:16 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgisguy View Post
I've been wanting to quite down my Onan generator on our Bounder for some time now, will these work for that?
Onan Generators typically are nearly silent at the tail pipe most of the noise comes from the generator itself.

If your exhaust is loud I would be looking at the exhaust system for cracks holes, etc.

The muffler I show is 2 inches ID, you would have to order one that is 1.5 inches and I am not sure I ever seen one that small.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:24 AM   #74

Just a note here - all heaters make Noise.

If that's a Big issue - Plug in and use Electric heat - JMHO. -

Slept last night next to a furnace that came on every 5 minutes and ran for 4.5. -

Bothered me for all of maybe two cycles then when I woke in the Morning it was still the same. Slept Fine. _

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:29 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesuncook 1 View Post
Hi Ted, thanks for the reply. I will try the db app. I am adding Genturis more for the smell than noise. Don mentioned the Oasis doesn't smell which is great, I have had people comment on smell but not noise. I believe it is tuned OK, I think they just smell.
Any time you burn fuel no matter how well you will have some odor, some people are more sensitive than others, I myself have a very low tolerance of exhaust smell having been poisoned with carbon monoxide when I was a teenager.

Even with the Catalytic converters and Diesel particulate filters on diesel engines there is still some odor.

So a Genturi is a welcome piece of equipment I just bought my 3rd one this week.

I have used them on my generators for 7 years now.

Ted
Old 12-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Just a note hear - all heaters make Noise.

If that's a Big issue - Plug in and use Electric heat - JMHO. -

Slept last night next to a furnace that came on every 5 minutes and ran for 4.5. -

Bothered me for all of maybe two cycles then when I woke in the Morning it was still the same. Slept Fine. _

JMHO,
It isn't just for me, I consider my neighbors as well, there are situations where you can't run off electric.

It was a fun, low cost, and effective project.

It also allowed me the option to knock out the ugly, and dress up my pipes.

Attention to the details makes all things better.

Ted.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:34 AM   #77

Quote:
Any time you burn fuel no matter how well you will have some odor, some people are more sensitive than others, I myself have a very low tolerance of exhaust smell having been poisoned with carbon monoxide when I was a teenager.

Even with the Catalytic converters and Diesel particulate filters on diesel engines there is still some odor.

So a Genturi is a welcome piece of equipment I just bought my 3rd one this week.

I have used them on my generators for 7 years now.

Ted
Hi Ted, thanks for replying. Once the Genturi's are installed, it only takes a minute to put them on. I see myself using them a lot. Probably will use the one for the Aqua Hot more than the one for the generator as we may still use the Aqua Hot even though we have full hookups i.e. if we have company and 4 people taking showers in the morning.

Did you use stick on clips to bungee the Genturi to the motor home? Did you have to drill holes to fasten the clips?

Thanks
Scott
Old 12-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesuncook 1 View Post
Hi Ted, thanks for replying. Once the Genturi's are installed, it only takes a minute to put them on. I see myself using them a lot. Probably will use the one for the Aqua Hot more than the one for the generator as we may still use the Aqua Hot even though we have full hookups i.e. if we have company and 4 people taking showers in the morning.

Did you use stick on clips to bungee the Genturi to the motor home? Did you have to drill holes to fasten the clips?

Thanks
Scott
I ordered the suction cups for this one but used the stick on brackets on my last coach and were still on there 7 years later and I used it quite often.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #79

I've used these - https://www.walmart.com/ip/2inch-Car...SABEgKpi_D_BwE

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 AM   #80

Quote:
Camco brand for Genturi https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 12-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
For supporting the Genturi I use these clips. I mount them with Scotch 1 in. x 1.66 yrds. Permanent Double sided Extreme Mounting Tape from HD. They also come in white. https://www.rvautoparts.com/901044-C...CABEgK8GfD_BwE

Aweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweese View Post
For supporting the Genturi I use these clips. I mount them with Scotch 1 in. x 1.66 yrds. Permanent Double sided Extreme Mounting Tape from HD. They also come in white. https://www.rvautoparts.com/901044-C...CABEgK8GfD_BwE

Nice they match your awing shade strap mounts.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:41 AM   #83

Quote:
Thank you. I appreciate the link.

Scott
Old 12-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #84

Quote:
Thanks Ted. I appreciate the link.

Tags