Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #1

I want to say thanks to this Forum

Two and a half months ago I purchased my first ever RV of any type. It's a 2005 MADP 4304. Without ever owning any kind of RV this has been like "baptism by fire", everything from driving it 600 miles for Virginia, where I bought it, to my home in Georgia, to trying to figure out how everything operates on the motor home. Without your response to my questions and reading other members post about using their motor home I would be incredibly lost. Thanks for letting me join this forum. I have gone over all the operating systems of this motor home trying to understand how it works and make sure everything works properly and feel like I'm at 95 percent complete toward learning every thing about this coach. Not knowing anything about RV's I feel like I got lucky with my purchase since I've only had to replace a couple of exterior light bulbs, replace the worm and elevator gears in the TV antenna and make and adjustment to the Automatic Generator Start system so it would work properly. I just know of one more problem I have to address and I have an idea of how to fix it, if not I'll be asking y'all for some more help.

I have had a couple of set backs using my motor home, but this was more of a learning experience than anything else.

1- I had a tank of water go "bad" on me, I was able to search this forum and find out how to sanitize my water system.
2- I brought back a coach load of ants from one of my trips. I was able to find out how to kill them and take preventative measures to keep this from happening again.
3- I also left my awning out when it was raining, something I'll never do again, man that water is heavy and does not drain off the awning very well.

So I just want to say thanks again for all the help and support I received from y'all. This forum is definitely an asset to me.

Sonny
harleyman134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #2

I know how you feel. I have had the same experience on this forum over the last year or so. We, too, are new RV'ers as of one year ago and much appreciate the giving of time and expertise here. It has been of great benefit.

By the way, can you point me to the thread about getting rid of ants? We picked some up over July 4 camping out and I guess they eventually starved to death, but prevention is better.

Thanks

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #3

Don,

I found Terro ant bait at Lowe's, it's basically a liquid sugar solution with Borax to kill the ants. I have another trip planned this weekend and will use "Comet" cleanser to sprinkle around the tires and power and water lines sitting on the ground. The Terro definitely works to kill the ants, I haven't used the "comet" yet, hopefully it will work as well.
harleyman134 is offline   Reply With Quote