Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #1

I picked up my Ventana today. Great googley-moogley, what have I done?

I didn't do everything the PDI checklists have. I would have been there long past closing.

The salesman at Beckley's in Thurmont, MD, Mike Boerum did a good job. We started outside and walked around opening every compartment. If there was something it it, he explained it. I videotaped just about the whole thing.

Then we went inside. Apparently Newmar is now using a new EMS system. Even Cookie, Beckley's techie said Newmar couldn't explain everything about it. It does seem pretty slick. It will even pull from the invertor before shedding appliances when you're on 30 amps.

He explained the new Newmar control for the battery charging. There are 3 different modes. I forget the actual terms, but they're basically trickle, full blast and 1 in between. There were even more options that I don't remember at this point.

I didn't realize until last night that the extra non-DVR HD DirecTV receiver I had is missing the power cord. I couldn't test the Kingdome.

The a/c is very efficient. I was impressed with it because it was another day in the 90s here.

The connector to tap into the air system is now under the hood up front. That's a much better place.

On to Comfortdrive and the dash knob. The salesman said the techs at the dealership liked it at 3.5 when they drove it. I bumped it up to a little past 4, and then dropped it back to 4.

3.5 felt a little too loose. When I went past 4, it felt good at first, and then seemed a little too stiff. 4 seemed right.

My drive home was mostly in our lovely evening DC area rush hour traffic all the way back to Springfield, VA.

I didn't have to manuever much, but it's amazing how merging cars expect you to move over 1 lane even if there isn't room for the beast to change lanes!

I'll post more tomorrow when my brain descrambles a bit and I remember some of the stuff.

Here are some pics from today. Even if the thumbnail is a red X, the full size pic is there.

http://www.padefamily.com/gallery/v/...arVentana_001/
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #2

I picked up my Ventana today. Great googley-moogley, what have I done?

I didn't do everything the PDI checklists have. I would have been there long past closing.

The salesman at Beckley's in Thurmont, MD, Mike Boerum did a good job. We started outside and walked around opening every compartment. If there was something it it, he explained it. I videotaped just about the whole thing.

Then we went inside. Apparently Newmar is now using a new EMS system. Even Cookie, Beckley's techie said Newmar couldn't explain everything about it. It does seem pretty slick. It will even pull from the invertor before shedding appliances when you're on 30 amps.

He explained the new Newmar control for the battery charging. There are 3 different modes. I forget the actual terms, but they're basically trickle, full blast and 1 in between. There were even more options that I don't remember at this point.

I didn't realize until last night that the extra non-DVR HD DirecTV receiver I had is missing the power cord. I couldn't test the Kingdome.

The a/c is very efficient. I was impressed with it because it was another day in the 90s here.

The connector to tap into the air system is now under the hood up front. That's a much better place.

On to Comfortdrive and the dash knob. The salesman said the techs at the dealership liked it at 3.5 when they drove it. I bumped it up to a little past 4, and then dropped it back to 4.

3.5 felt a little too loose. When I went past 4, it felt good at first, and then seemed a little too stiff. 4 seemed right.

My drive home was mostly in our lovely evening DC area rush hour traffic all the way back to Springfield, VA.

I didn't have to manuever much, but it's amazing how merging cars expect you to move over 1 lane even if there isn't room for the beast to change lanes!

I'll post more tomorrow when my brain descrambles a bit and I remember some of the stuff.

Here are some pics from today. Even if the thumbnail is a red X, the full size pic is there.

http://www.padefamily.com/gallery/v/...arVentana_001/
Old 06-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #3

The pics look outstanding! Grats on your new rig!

2008 Saturn Vue
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
CLM

Hey congrats! Seems like you've been waiting forever and now it's a done deal.
Happy camping to you and your family.
It's a beautiful Newmar.
I'm still deciding on the 2008 DSDP......
Old 06-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #5

Congrats on that beauty! Use it in good health, and enjoy all you see.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #6

When I was looking, I was either going to get a Super C or Class A with bunkbeds.

When I decided on a C, Newmar was the only one with bunks and the ability to tow over 6000 pounds.

Some other A's with bunks had the weight capacity, but only had 5000 pound hitches.

It's still all a bit intimidating. I hope to soon be able to maneuver it as well as our salesman can.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 69RoadRunner:
I hope to soon be able to maneuver it as well as our salesman can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats, I'm sure you're just a little bit excited! Lets hope that diesel prices don't go even crazier so we can all enjoy our coaches.

If your salesman was anything like mine I'll never get that good. The space he got mine in and out of, with the narrow 90 degree lane in front of it was amazing.

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #8

Congrats, Now you have to change your signature. You realize that finally it is NOT on order. Looks great, hope you have many years of good family times.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats, now the fun really begins. Its a beauty, looks like it should be a keeper, enjoy.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
69RoadRunner
CONGRATS!!!
I am sure you will enjoy it even more once you have a chance to actually take it out!

Enjoy!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #11

I've changed the signature. I meant to do that last night.

I just can't believe how much stuff there is to learn with these things.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #12

CONGRATS TO YOU AND FAMILY! HOPE YOU HAVE MANY SAFE AND GREAT MILES AHEAD. ONE QUESTION, WHERE DID YOU SLEEP LAST NITE? HA! HA!
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:59 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beaverjim:
CONGRATS TO YOU AND FAMILY! HOPE YOU HAVE MANY SAFE AND GREAT MILES AHEAD. ONE QUESTION, WHERE DID YOU SLEEP LAST NITE? HA! HA! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sleep? Oh, is that the thing I did before I had kids.

I was beat last night, and we didn't even have the plastic off the matresses. It was tempting, but we slept in the bricks and sticks house last night.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach. I'm still looking for a bunk bed model all of us can agree on. Good luck and many happy miles.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote