Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We take ours outside all the time ... same reasons as others have stated, sometimes our cooking can splash or be smelly, plus being outside is a bonus. We plug ours into a basement outlet, never had a problem with anything tripping. Just be aware that if it's the True Induction brand it has power limiting when you use both burners (aka "Power Variance Technology). Caught us out the first time and had me checking the circuits ... I guess I need read manuals!
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #16

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoon View Post
That's great info. You were able to use both burners at the same time without any issues?
Our unit being a 120vac unit will only supply power up to 10. Split that up any way you want, 5 and 5, 7 and 3, or 10 and zero. The 220 units will supply full power to both burners. Hope that helps
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:21 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRog View Post
We take ours outside all the time ... same reasons as others have stated, sometimes our cooking can splash or be smelly, plus being outside is a bonus. We plug ours into a basement outlet, never had a problem with anything tripping. Just be aware that if it's the True Induction brand it has power limiting when you use both burners (aka "Power Variance Technology). Caught us out the first time and had me checking the circuits ... I guess I need read manuals!

+1 on this. Our New Aire has a "portable" True Induction unit. Newmar installed it so it can "easily" be removed and moved outdoors or where ever you have 120V 15A to run it. There are cutout at the ends of the counter top to lift it out of the cavity and the plug for the unit is very accessible so it was obviously intended to be take out and used elsewhere.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn81 View Post
We have to remove ours to unplug it after each use. The fan won’t turn off any other way. Has anybody else experienced this problem?
Ours does the same. It was replaced near end of 1 yr warranty because the left burner quit working. Now the new one is at end of 1 year warranty and the fan won’t quit. I called true induction and right away the guy told me it needs a board. I’ve read that there is a sensor that is constantly looking for a pot and after a year or so it quits. I’ve order another cooktop so I have a spare while the broken one is being fixed. This about par for the course in my experience.
Crabs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:33 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
I use my single-spot Duxtop with an extension cord in the basement all the time, no issues. (2009 Allegro Bus) AFAIK, all outlets are not inverted when on shore power.

For those talking about using a two-spot unit on a 15A circuit... Many of these cooktops draw 1800 watts per side at max power, which is 15A @ 120V. Using both burners at the same time would likely blow a breaker if using 50% or more power per burner with older cooktops, but newer ones limit the power internally, and will work on 120V @ 15A just fine. YMMV