RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #1

Insurance Quote Differences 2019 LADP

We have received two very different quotes for the same insurance coverage of our 2019 LADP. Geico is offering $2K/year; State Farm is offering $4K/Year. Both claim it's for total replacement market value. We've compared line by line and the coverage looks the same. Can't figure out why one is 50% cheaper. FYI, it's also $1k deductibles for both.

What are y'all paying for insurance premiums for total loss replacement?

Baffled with this premium price difference....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

I pay $1983 for full coverage on my 2019 Canyon Star. If you can get your 2019 London Aire covered for the same price I'd be suspicious. Or maybe I'm just paying way more than I should. I did shop around in July before I renewed in August and $1983 was the best I could do in Tennessee.
Nashville, TN or Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:13 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I have found similar disparaties and even greater $6000) between different companies when shopping insurance for our 2019 DS and for two years I have shopped hard.

My conclusions are:

1. Companies weigh variables differently
(Driving record, age, number of drivers, claim history, etc)

2. Companies may very likely raise your rates upon renewal for no reason other than to see if they can up it by you. (Some people just pay their bills when they come due, too busy or lazy or wealthy or can't be bothered to
look at last year's premium, especially if they have had no i cider for their insurance to go up.

3. If you are sure all things are equal and both national brand companies, go with the least expensive company that you have researched regarding RV insurance. (Resonsiveness, assistance, promptness in payment, etc)
TheRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:04 PM   #4

There's something in that 2K policy you're missing. We recently solicited bids from multiple companies. One was FMCA and two others were independent agents. We wanted our coach covered for 300K. We're long term home owners, retired, excellent credit, etc. Our bids ranged from 2K to 6K. The 2 K was State Farm, but it didn't provide the coverages we wanted. We went with Nationwide, 500 deductible, no cost windshield coverage, and roadside assistance. Cost $3,600. Will go thru the same process next year.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. This is have been very helpful.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #6

The only things I can add is that rates are based upon where you domicile is located and Geico probably insures more full time RVers. My question is are you full time or recreational RVers? If full timers, be sure you're properly protected. That will make a big difference as to to the price.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance