Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2021, 01:45 PM   #1

Intellitec slide has mind of its own.

Well, a few weeks ago before we were getting ready for a trip I had all four slides out on our '04 DSDP. I was off doing some other things and when I returned the driver side front slide was back in storage position. I thought it odd but maybe my wife hit the switch while cleaning so I put it back out. We made the trip and all was OK.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I go outside and see one of the slides out. Again it was the driver front slide and this time it was out while the rest were still in. I did a quick check but how do you troubleshoot something that's working.

Last weekend we made a quick 5 day trip and was staying in a COE campground. All was ok we were sitting on couch watching tv when we heard the voice saying the lockdowns were unlocking. Sure enough about 5 seconds later the slide was trying to close. I stopped it and moved it back out and we haven't had any issues since.

Anyone else had this issue before? I know I could probably swap controllers with a different slide and see if the problem moves but that's not as easy as you think.

Any help appreciated.
Fefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes slides have been known to do that and has scared people as to what has been going on.
What's been found radio frequencies can activate the control and mice or other rodent can.
Will do a search and see what we find.
Had one owner with a daughter on bed watching TV when suddenly the bed started moving, maybe we will find that thread.
Here is the search.
You can do on some posts in the first thread of search and clean 12v plug to control board, check the battery connections on fuse panel for loose wiring of that control board and what ever else you may find on the search.
A new control board may be in order after doing the checks if it still fails.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:38 AM   #3

Well, no corroded connectors or obvious issues. Yesterday I drove by the shop where it's stored and the slide was out. I will try to move the control board to a different slide. Right now I can't park too close to anything else until I figure this out.
Fefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec, slide