RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #1

Interior 110v outlet fuse location(s)

I have a 2000 DSDP and I just returned from a month long trip in GS, AL. I was vacuuming the interior using a 110v vacuum cleaner connected to the bathroom 110v outlet and everything was fine. I then moved to another forward outlet and noticed there was no 110v power to the "forward" outlets. I then went back to the bedroom and the two "aftmost" outlets had 110v power to them.

I checked the fuse box in the rear bedroom and it was fine as well as the outside fuse boxes located in the outside compartment just forward of the main battery compartment (passenger side in rear of coach).

Would someone please tell me where the 110v interior power outlet(s) are located. I say "outlets" because two of the outlets are getting power.

I have checked the only gfi outlet (located in the bathroom) I could find and it seems to be working fine although now power is coming to it. The reset button is working.

Rnicfingrp
2000 DSDP

Rnicfingrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #2

All 110v protection is with breakers, not fuses. You have one main 110v breaker panel, maybe a sub panel if you have an inverter. Check those breakers.
Explain: "I have checked the only gfi outlet (located in the bathroom) I could find and it seems to be working fine although now power is coming to it." Was there no power there before?

garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #3

Yes, there was power to the bathroom outlet/GFI. There was power initially but I didn't check it specifically after the power went off. I did press the 'reset' button and it worked. I will check it for power in the morning.

Should I reset all the breakers in the panel located on the rear bedroom wall?

Is there another (a second) GFI located in the interior of the rv?

Rnicfingrp
Old 11-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Rnicfingrp,
I have asked the moderators to move this thread to the Newmar Owner's forum. This thread is for the Newmar Kountry Klub. You'll get more responses in the Owner's forum.

1, Are you connected to shore power?
2. If yes, find the 110 VAC breaker panel and check the breakers.
3. If #1 is no, check the inverter and make sure it is on. There is a breaker on the inverter. It is usually a "button" breaker located in a place chat is impossible to see and hard to get at.
4. Vacuums dray a lot of power. Your inverter may not be large enough to handle the vacuum.

If connected to shore power, the inverter should make no difference in supplying power. You may also have a GFI outlet located on the underside of kitchen cabinets.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #5

There should be a second GFI in the kitchen. There were two in my 2000 DSDP and Newmar has always wired them with two.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #6

Norm4015,

I checked the kitchen yesterday and found the second gfi behind the under cabinet mounted coffee maker. I knew there had to another gfi somewhere since all the breakers were in the 'on' position.

Thanks for your help.
Rnicfingrp
Old 11-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #7

GaryKD,

This is supposed to be the "Newmar Owners Forum". When I click on this Forum this is where it sends me.

Rnicfingrp
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The top forum is used for the Newmar Kountry Club information threads your question was redirected to Owners forum next one below it.
Your not alone others have posted in it also, Gary just wanted your question answered ASAP may have been not answered ASAP if left in top forum thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #9

By your response we can't tell if your problem is fixed or not.

garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse