Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2022, 03:37 PM   #1

Intermittent 6-way drivers seat all functions

2021 CS 3927 drivers seat.

All functions of drivers seat stop working. I can get in the seat and move around or jump up and down lightly and it will start working for several seconds. Then it will quit (all functions) in mid movement.

After an hour of laying in the floor checking fuses, rotating it back and forth, visual check of wiring, probing around with a multimeters and plugging and unplugging the seat switch (which it worked for a few seconds while in the floor), I found both fuses were good, 12V is getting to the seat switch connector (when unplugged).

Then I sat in the seat and jiggled my butt and it and I could get it to work for several seconds till it stopped while moving. Jiggle some more and it would work a few seconds again, etc.

So it looks like there is either a lockout switch that requires weight, or rotated forward before operating or there is a loose connection, loose splice, broken wire, etc. The theory is that switch might not be making contact when it should.

Does anybody know if there is a lockout switch to prevent movement that requires weight in the seat or rotation position?

I cant find a schematic of the seat electrical which would make the problem easier to find. Does anybody have one?

Indeed, I cant even ID the seat and trace to the manufactuer from Newmar data. Newpar parts site says my coach has this seat but the pix looks different (mine has the rotation lock on the side, not the front, and does not have the seatbelt thru the seat).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 4.47.42 PM.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	381634  
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2022, 04:53 PM   #2

Check the big black 2 pin connector. One of the pins might have backed and not making good contact. Do you have good ground at the seat?
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
Check the big black 2 pin connector. One of the pins might have backed and not making good contact. Do you have good ground at the seat?
I will check - didn't think about checking ground continuity - duh! 12v is good all the time at the seat switch so it cant be that pulling loose in the big one.

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2022, 09:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had my seat forward backward function fail on the driver's side. The switch was not working and I changed it. A year later the same happened on the passenger side and I changed that too. The up down and tilt functions worked fine. Mine was a Flexsteel chair.
2020 Tahoe LT
mahdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
Thats what it was. Ground pin was pushed back. Working now. It pulls out when the chair is rotated I suppose. Sometimes I need a kick in the head to check the obvious!

Tags
driver, seat