RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Inverter Install 99 Dutchstar suggested make

need to instal a pure sine wave inverter in a 99 Dutchstar.What is the suggested make and model. Is it a possible self instal? Would a all in one charger/converter/inverter be abetter choice? This coach has a Bird system. Please advise if anyone has done or had this installed. Thanks

stewartsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2020, 07:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartsmith View Post
need to instal a pure sine wave inverter in a 99 Dutchstar.What is the suggested make and model. Is it a possible self instal? Would a all in one charger/converter/inverter be abetter choice? This coach has a Bird system. Please advise if anyone has done or had this installed. Thanks

Magnum and Xantrex are the two most popular brands. I would pick the model that delivers 2000 watts and is a inverter/ charger.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:33 PM   #3

Try AIMS power. I replaced an old inverter/charger on my houseboat with one. They work great and are popular with the off grid crowd.

It is a simple install once you figure out your current wiring.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:58 PM   #4

Air ride bags

I have been looking for the model numbers for the air ride bags on my 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 37 Diesel Cummings on a firestone frame. I have looked and looked for this info as I want to replace them, they are looking bad can any one give me some help? I have been replacing everything on my motorhome as we had to live in it in Indiana winters for two years wile we had to rebuild our home that burnt down to the ground. Home done now motorhome is going through a make over so far new toilet, new micro confection oven, new washer dryer, new Furnas and refrigerator, Flooring and new Flexsteel seats driver and passenger, new jack knife couch, new exhaust, new paint, new tires, new sound and tv system with new sat dome and air tv antenna, new heat a/c pumps on roof and roof was recoated also. Went to all LED lighting and added a 42 inch led light on bottom of the bumper that made it so nice to drive in the dark and it is low like fog lights. I know I could be missing things I did like all new batteries LOL Hope I can get the info so I can change the last of the parts I have done. Thank you love this site We have went over 60,000 miles in the 5 years we owned the RV.
Denis RV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutchstar, inverter