Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2020, 10:37 AM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Glad you got it sorted out......I like reading posts like this where you learn something about troubleshooting power issues. I have only simple to moderate electronic/electrical skills, so posts like this teach me new things.

Whenever you have a power issue, you start running around checking everything. This post and an issue I had last year at a park with bad power, makes checking the EMS display the first thing. Newmar uses the combo SurgeGuard EMS/transfer switch, which doesn't come with an external display, but one is available. I added it to the unit and taped it to the power cord interior bay door. I check power immediately after plugging in. I also printed out the error codes, laminated and attached them under the display.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #16

An acquaintance pointed something out to me a while back - never run the reel in or out under load. That contributes to making the dead spots.

And if your power watchdog device - EMS, surge guard, whatever - is betqeen the pedestal and the reel is will never detect a problem in the cord reel.

You were lucky the problem is with the L2 brush. If it had been with the neutral brush you could have a very expensive problem.
I suggest you look at the other comment threads here on power reel brush issues. Some were EXPENSIVE.

Mike

Tags
inverter, problem