Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Inverter remote cable location inside 07 Essex?

We are departing for the Smoky Mountains on Friday. Our ME3112 inverter is bad, so I am upgrading to the pure sine wave MS2812. Wiring is the same, but a new inverter (old or new) requires a separate control card to be compatible with Newmar’s older eplex system. I cannot get the control card before our departure(TBC-MS-2812-n) so my alternative plan to use the Mangum remote (ME -RC50). The tech says no issues. Two questions: first, where does the current remote cable make connections? I can see where the cable connects to the inverter, but cannot find the other end inside the Motorhome? I would like to use the current cable for the new Mangum remote rather than running a separate cable. I assumed it would connect the to the multiplex touch screen in the overhead compartment or the LCD screen in the bedroom... but don’t see it. Second question, are there any known issues with the eplex streaming if I am using a separate remote rather than connecting to the multiplex? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have researched this topic for hours and plan to install the inverter tomorrow. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Well, I answered my first question. The remote cable actually goes to the inverter eplex module 245 in the basement, located close to the inverter behind a panel. So, if I want to use the remote inside the motorhome, I will have to run the remote cable that comes with the unit. So I am down to the 2nd question, if the remote cable is not connected to the eplex module... are there any issues other that not being able to read the inverter information on the multiplex screens?
Old 09-13-2020, 10:43 PM   #3

Eplex will not be affected by the inverter not being attached. Removing the inverter was the first thing I did. Suggest you read my posts about getting a new inverter for your essex. You will have battery high temp fault issues. Easy work around.
Also, I put the inverter control panel in the half bath.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the feedback! Will try to find your post.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:54 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks again for the feedback. The new inverter and remote are installed and working perfectly! In case others want to upgrade, the install is an easy exchange. Just make sure to read all the instructions prior to starting, especially the battery disconnect process so the inverter is not damaged. The remote programming is straight forward and the default setting will get you started. If you want to use the Eplex for inverter control, it requires a different control board TBC-MS-2812-N. Cheers!
Old 09-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Adding your thread in the ESSEX OWNERS thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, cat, essex, inverter, remote