Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question Is Nappanee the best for Furniture and carpet replacement?

We have the Flexsteel recliners and carpeting that need to be replaced. Is going to Nappanee the best idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1C966B1A-EC13-4C04-84BA-9062FFCB7134.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	357043  
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2022, 05:35 PM   #2

You may want to look in Elkhart also for someone who supports the RV industries.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:42 PM   #3

I spoke with a couple while at the Quartzsite rally who had a bunch of remodeling type stuff done in Elkhart or maybe even Nappanee on their 2010 Mountain Aire and they said the work was great and less expensive than Newmar. I am sure someone on this forum can provide you with some specific names for that sort of thing. If you want a name and location send me a PM and I will contact them to get that information for you. Finally, you would probably have more luck recovering your furniture today than buying new because of the lack of inventory for those items.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:52 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXHAULER View Post
I spoke with a couple while at the Quartzsite rally who had a bunch of remodeling type stuff done in Elkhart or maybe even Nappanee on their 2010 Mountain Aire and they said the work was great and less expensive than Newmar. I am sure someone on this forum can provide you with some specific names for that sort of thing. If you want a name and location send me a PM and I will contact them to get that information for you. Finally, you would probably have more luck recovering your furniture today than buying new because of the lack of inventory for those items.
It is not just reupholstering the recliners, they are uncomfortable and need to be replaced.
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:55 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssignor View Post
We have the Flexsteel recliners and carpeting that need to be replaced. Is going to Nappanee the best idea?
If you happen to be in or near Florida, I highly recommend Custom Coach in Ormond Beach. They are expert at this and do a great job.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:09 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure what part of the country you are in, but if close to Red Bay AL they have many private contractors that re-work coaches. I know Red Bay is a “Tiffin” town but have seen many Newmar coaches there.
2012 JEEP Liberty 4WD,Demco Dominator, AF1
GW4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Might have to check into Red Bay for getting our couch removed and recliners put in... one thing is that for getting matching cabinets such as the table that goes between the recliners, we will probably have to go direct to Newmar to get that built so it matches...
HAM - K5OJT - Yaesu 991A
GUS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:50 AM   #8

We are in the process of having the carpet replaced and furniture reupholstered. We are replacing the sofa behind the drivers seat with theater seats from Bradd & Hall and have purchased replacement covers from Lisa Bauer ( used to work for Flexsteel and acquired the patterns for the furniture). I removed the old sofa and Bradd & Hall ship me the theater seats. I'm having Wade RV replace the carpet on the slide outs and install the covers. I'll install the theater seats. I've had Wade do work in the past and the results were great. Hopefully it'll be done shortly and I'll post some pics.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 04:47 PM   #9

A request for information

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
We are in the process of having the carpet replaced and furniture reupholstered. We are replacing the sofa behind the drivers seat with theater seats from Bradd & Hall and have purchased replacement covers from Lisa Bauer ( used to work for Flexsteel and acquired the patterns for the furniture). I removed the old sofa and Bradd & Hall ship me the theater seats. I'm having Wade RV replace the carpet on the slide outs and install the covers. I'll install the theater seats. I've had Wade do work in the past and the results were great. Hopefully it'll be done shortly and I'll post some pics.
Is there any chance I can get contact info for Lisa Bauer? All of my 2013 Mountain Aire chairs and sofas are flaking apart, rapidly. Newmar has told me that I am on my own (nice customer service) even though they acknowledge the defect and provided assistance, for others, in the past. If Lisa has patterns for my coach it would, hopefully, save a ton of $$$ and headaches. In advance, thanks.
aswift007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #10

We had all of our Flexsteel furniture recovered last year at a shop in Orange County. If you simply replace the fabric, they can use your existing material as patterns. Our old fabric was not in bad shape, but we did not like the texture or color. We simply upgraded to the original ultrafabric ultraleather which was readily available in many colors. We also replaced some of the foam cushions. We are extremely happy with the results. It was not cheap, but at least we did not have to worry about size and weight changes that might not work in the coach without other modifications.
joelminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:23 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssignor View Post
It is not just reupholstering the recliners, they are uncomfortable and need to be replaced.
Quality is quality no matter where you find it. Specialty brands are often substantially more expensive for no substantive reason.
When we bought our 02 Dutch in ‘12, previous owner had recently purchased a pair of Lambright RV specialty recliners. We did not find them comfortable at all. Sold them and headed direct Lazy Boy. Extremely comfortable and commodious chairs that are still serving well ten years later.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:17 AM   #12

Steve, have you considered Lazyboy recliners for your chairs? We put two in our coach and absolutely love them!
wracinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswift007 View Post
Is there any chance I can get contact info for Lisa Bauer? All of my 2013 Mountain Aire chairs and sofas are flaking apart, rapidly. Newmar has told me that I am on my own (nice customer service) even though they acknowledge the defect and provided assistance, for others, in the past. If Lisa has patterns for my coach it would, hopefully, save a ton of $$$ and headaches. In advance, thanks.
Here you go.... You will need to find the tags and get the info off each of the items you want covers for. I found them pretty easily... opened up the sofas and there they were. The captain and copilot chairs were underneath. He dinette had the tags on the drawers. Ours is 2013 also and she had everything . It did take a few months as it seems everyone is having the peeling issue.

bauerrvupholstery@gmail.com

Lisa Bauer

Bauer RV Upholstery LLC

563-542-4902
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, carpet, furniture, replace, replacement