Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #1

Is Newmar still building? I was told that they stopped.......any info on this?
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #2

Is Newmar still building? I was told that they stopped.......any info on this?
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I'm glad you asked, as it's time for an update.

We have members at the factory now, and hopefully they can update us.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #4

I understand they are on a 4 day, bi-weekly production schedule. Building this week, but they were off last week and will be off next week. They have cut back to accommodate reduced orders.

TV stations just reported this morning that the unemployment rate in the county is over 10%. Actually, I'm surprised it isn't higher.

We visited with the manager of a local machine shop this morning who does lots of work for the RV industry, i.e., TV mounts, slide outs, basement slide trays and a wide variety of other items. They have laid off 8 people recently and are starting to fabricate in the residential market for other countries as the RV side is so far down, they would have to shut down if that was the only thing they did today.

Tough times in RV City lately, but hopefully with lower gas prices...which has a far reaching effect on all parts of the economy....things will improve next year. Newmar is in probably better financial shape due to better financial management than most of the others, so we pray they will be able to weather the downside and come back up when the market improves.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I just joined this forum yesterday and was browsing tonight. FYI, we have a new Dutch Star 3623 on order. This will be our second DS. At present we are still operating our 1994 34' DP. I was on the phone Monday morning with a nice lady we met in September when we were at the factory. I had the order number in my hand and she looked it up on her system. Our chassis had just entered the line that morning and was scheduled to exit and into paint on November the 4th. All sounds OK to us and I sure hope it stays that way. I just love all the information I am finding here.

2009 DSDP 3623[/b]
No 1 Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #6

I'm here now. They are on a 4 day week closed on fridays including service center. They are producing as they have been conducting plant tours. Pretty quiet here though. The Delaware St RV parking has had the water cut off from what I understand so you need to find a spot over on the gravel part by the customer lounge area.

Toban
toban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toban:
I'm here now. They are on a 4 day week closed on fridays including service center. They are producing as they have been conducting plant tours. Pretty quiet here though. The Delaware St RV parking has had the water cut off from what I understand so you need to find a spot over on the gravel part by the customer lounge area.

Toban </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They always shut the water off on that lot in the winter. Doesn't matter how busy they are. The lines are above ground (attached to the chain link fence that runs behind the parking spaces), so they need to shut it off and drain it once it gets cold. The lines at the main lot by the lounge are buried.

joe
Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 AM   #8

Yes they are still building. I have a 2009 Ventana that is in final test and should ship to the dealer on 11/5.Can't wait!!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #9

Congradulations you'all on your new rigs!
(yes I'm from Texas)

I hope you enjoy your new rigs as much as we have enjoyed our used one!

MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote