Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Brian View Post
My husband and I are considering a new King Aire but it is a 2014. Is the 30% off of MSRP truly realizable? I have a easily/newly used 2015 Winnebago Sightseer to trade-in. We had NO idea how much we would love this lifestyle but the folks we've met on our 3 journeys to day tell me that this is what we want to do so we are upgrading our unit.

We purchased our 2013 King Aire this time last year and realized a little more than 33% off. It's an awesome coach. You will love it!
jst4jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 05:58 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPoland View Post
This is definitely a new situation for me. Sitting down with a salesman, face to face, is one thing. Trying to get a discounted price on a coach, from a dealer in another state, is another story. I wouldn't want to fly in to some place, just to try and get the deal done (ordered). If I did that, I would automatically have a stake in the game (air fare), and it would be much harder to walk away, if I dont get the price I'm looking for. What's even worse, is that they would know it. A sure sign of bad things to come.
We've just done that but used the Labor Day holiday as an excuse. We are going home empty handed but I sure did learn a lot about the North Trail dealership and their awesome inventory. Really seem to be good folks. Trip was well worth it because of the combination :-)
London Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:14 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jst4jb View Post
We purchased our 2013 King Aire this time last year and realized a little more than 33% off. It's an awesome coach. You will love it!

That's GREAT to hear. Thanks for the feedback! The entire Newmar line is unbelievably beautiful and everything seem well made, especially the woodwork. Thank you again!
Old 08-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #32

London Brian - We just picked up a 2014 Bay Star from North Trail last weekend. It came off without a hitch, as arranged. While I haven't had allot of dealings with them, I can't say enough about how we were treated. They seem to be straight up, with no funny business. If you go back, give Ray Gering a call. He took care of us pretty good.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:31 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPoland View Post
London Brian - We just picked up a 2014 Bay Star from North Trail last weekend. It came off without a hitch, as arranged. While I haven't had allot of dealings with them, I can't say enough about how we were treated. They seem to be straight up, with no funny business. If you go back, give Ray Gering a call. He took care of us pretty good.
Thanks for that advice. i found them that way too. i'm in a quandary over going all out with a King or being more practical with a London. trying to consider when i'll fully give up work and do this full time. just started but it's a great escape for me
Old 08-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
by the way, which dealer (if you feel like saying)?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Brian View Post
by the way, which dealer (if you feel like saying)?

We ended up purchasing from North Trail. We have a dealer much closer to us in Texas but they were not willing to make the same deal. It was worth the trip. The whole experience with North Trail was very positive. I'd highly recommend them.
jst4jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #36

I wanted the coach so badly I was willing to take the 26% deal offered, but DW said 30% or no deal (North Trail). They called us at home that night, and we ordered the coach! My advice, let DW negotiate the deal.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
I wanted the coach so badly I was willing to take the 26% deal offered, but DW said 30% or no deal (North Trail). They called us at home that night, and we ordered the coach! My advice, let DW negotiate the deal.
LOL! My sentiments, exactly. I once did all my discount homewoek on buying a car. The dealer wouldn't take my offer, so we left. On the way home DW said" let's stop here and see what they have....and i'm doing the deal." She offered them a number so low I was embarrased (remember, I was the one who knew all the numbers....). The
guy comes back and says they'd do it! Life was a little testy for a few weeks after that!

Same thing happened on this coach with North Trail. They started high, but our indifference brought the number down with no anger, no tricks, didn't even have to walk out, etc. They were the most pleasant in working a deal I've ever experienced. As a rule, I really dislike the high, ridiculous numbers sometimes offered, but in this case it worked well. The after the sale service was equally professional...never had such a great bunch of folks work on anything I've brought in. I can't wait to go back and see their new facility.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
LOL! My sentiments, exactly. I once did all my discount homewoek on buying a car. The dealer wouldn't take my offer, so we left. On the way home DW said" let's stop here and see what they have....and i'm doing the deal." She offered them a number so low I was embarrased (remember, I was the one who knew all the numbers....). The guy comes back and says they'd do it! Life was a little testy for a few weeks after that! .
LOL, I love this story...probably because it hits close to home. My dad's career later in life was as a fleet and lease manger for Chrysler/Volvo so he made sure to school us in what he thought was important to do when negotiating a sale. When it comes to buying the salesmen always approach my husband and he points to me and tells them they gotta deal with the wife to close the sale. When we bought a minivan years ago after the deal was done they asked me if I had ever considered a job selling cars and to let them know if I was interested in working there LOL!
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:23 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We ended up purchasing from North Trail. We have a dealer much closer to us in Texas but they were not willing to make the same deal. It was worth the trip. The whole experience with North Trail was very positive. I'd highly recommend them.

I'm VERY close to pulling the trigger on a new King but would be interested in knowing what other King Aire owners have experienced in terms of annual maintenance costs.

I also have to tell everyone on this thread that their advice and/or stories about their negotiations have all been unbelievably helpful to me. thank you! thank you!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
I posted this elsewhere, North Trail knows the product etc., they do need to negotiated hard on the discount to go to 28% off msrp, but on an ordered unit they demanded a $20,000 non refundable deposit on a Ventana.

Went back & forth they said that's it, I passed.

Sorry not giving anyone that much deposit, nor months to work with my money, in fact it is in their interest to have you cancel, they then have a windfall profit.

Went to Independence, not close to 28%, but during negotiations they handed us a pre-printed form to sign off a 10% non refundable deal, wasn't in mood to argue.

Sent out emails for quotes to the major players, almost all were $5,000 two were refundable if something beyond our control happened.

got several 22%, 26.5%, 27% & two 28's.

It's my understanding the dealer works on 40-42%, so on an ordered coach there's no expense of floor planning, on a $300,000 coach they make $35,000 plus. also the make a reserve or commission on financing.

So negotiate hard, you worked hard to make your money, don't give it away to the Stealers ...oh Dealers
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #41

Did you by chance send in a request to Berryland RV in Hammond, La. and if so what was their deal?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:58 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
It's my understanding the dealer works on 40-42%, so on an ordered coach there's no expense of floor planning, on a $300,000 coach they make $35,000 plus. also the make a reserve or commission on financing. So negotiate hard, you worked hard to make your money, don't give it away to the Stealers ...oh Dealers
Sorry, don't understand what you are saying in the above number by "works on 40-42%" and that an ordered coach makes them $35k on a $300k. $35k would be 11.67% profit for them.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote