Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #1

Is this a hint for 2015 Accessories and Models

This was in my in box this morning.
Road Wave Washer Becomes OE on Newmar

Road Wave Washer Becomes OE on Newmar | RV Industry News

Looks next week we will know about the 2015 models.

-Brian
cowrv39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowrv39 View Post
This was in my in box this morning.
Road Wave Washer Becomes OE on Newmar

Road Wave Washer Becomes OE on Newmar | RV Industry News

Looks next week we will know about the 2015 models.

-Brian
That's a step ion the right direction, but include reverse osmosis filtration and it's a deal. We carry a Hydro-Tek 1.9 gpm electric pressure washer with reverse osmosis in our storage bay and it retailed for $995
Old 05-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Now where ya going to find a place to mount that thing? Take up a portion of a storage bed? no thanks.

All that thing is is a pressure pump/motor mounted on a frame with a hose reel, taking up a LOT of precious space. There are smaller solutions on the market.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforus View Post
That's a step ion the right direction, but include reverse osmosis filtration and it's a deal. We carry a Hydro-Tek 1.9 gpm electric pressure washer with reverse osmosis in our storage bay and it retailed for $995

What model do you have? I am looking for one.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Hi redbaron73

We have:
model # CWD1300E1-DI
1300 PSI @ 2 GPM
115V 15A

We have to take the wheels off to carry it upright in our tallest storage bay but it would probably travel ok laying down.

I'm thinking about losing the Stainless steel cabinet and figuring out a more space saving permanent installation

I had to use the search function on their website to get the model to display. Search under- Spot Free Rinse
Old 05-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
RedBaron 73

I'm getting parts together to install a system in the next month. Lowe's has a nice unit that I'll pull out of the housing, small and lightweight. I'm planning to weld a mounting bracket under the HWH hydraulic leveling equipment under the "hood". Plenty of steel on the side of the generator mount to utilize. I had been eyeing the open space next to the driver's side of the generator but HWH confiscated that for my Active Air installation! The unit I'm looking at is 1,500 psi, 1.3 gpm and needs a 15 amp circuit. No problem running some PEX from the water bay and 110 VAC is easy to get to that location. I'm not worried about being able to clean the entire coach, this will be set up to wash the windshield easily. Should be able to do the entire installation for less that $200.

That Road Wave system takes up too much real estate for my liking, and the most expensive pressure washer I have ever seen in that size!

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
RedBaron 73

I'm getting parts together to install a system in the next month. Lowe's has a nice unit that I'll pull out of the housing, small and lightweight. I'm planning to weld a mounting bracket under the HWH hydraulic leveling equipment under the "hood". Plenty of steel on the side of the generator mount to utilize. I had been eyeing the open space next to the driver's side of the generator but HWH confiscated that for my Active Air installation! The unit I'm looking at is 1,500 psi, 1.3 gpm and needs a 15 amp circuit. No problem running some PEX from the water bay and 110 VAC is easy to get to that location. I'm not worried about being able to clean the entire coach, this will be set up to wash the windshield easily. Should be able to do the entire installation for less that $200.

That Road Wave system takes up too much real estate for my liking, and the most expensive pressure washer I have ever seen in that size!

Scott
This is very interesting, as that is the exact spot I was thinking of putting one, then I came across the AR Blue AR118. For $97, this has great reviews, and is portable. 110vAC, 1.5GPM 1500PSI...very similar to your specs.

Doing it with my method means I have to store hose x 2 (feed / hi pressure), extension cord, and the wash unit. I will get water from the shower connector, use a DAP pocket hose, and a 75ft Ext cord, and 'run around the coach' with the pressure washer.

With your method, assuming you plumb the water up to it, you will only need to store a longer high-pressure hose, and have an easy connect setup.

Which model are you going with, and will you have it done by Labor day when I come down your way?
Old 05-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think that AR118 unit looks good and I considered something portable that just stores in the basement but thought I'm probably better off mounting something out of the way that is still easy to get to (I don't have the luxury of all that storage you guys with the "big boys" have!). I'll store my pressure hose in the pegboard hold (just forward of the drive axle) and will use a quick connect system on the pressure washer for easy hook up. Here's the link to the unit I'm considering (but I may take a look at that AR118 as well):

Shop Greenworks 1500-PSI 1.3-GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com

I'm heading to Canada in mid June and have two projects to get done before I depart. My next project is a SeeLevel tank monitoring system with displays inside the coach as well as the water bay (I absolutely hate the tank monitoring system Newmar provides, it's barely better than useless) and then the pressure washer will get installed.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another thought I have about the water being extended to the front of the coach. I know in a prior post, it was said that the Essex and KA have this as an option, and it was wrapped to prevent freezing. It would not be hard to include a low-point drain, and a separate blow out point for this single line. If that precaution were taken, then this would be a very simple install, with little worry.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
I think that AR118 unit looks good and I considered something portable that just stores in the basement but thought I'm probably better off mounting something out of the way that is still easy to get to (I don't have the luxury of all that storage you guys with the "big boys" have!). I'll store my pressure hose in the pegboard hold (just forward of the drive axle) and will use a quick connect system on the pressure washer for easy hook up. Here's the link to the unit I'm considering (but I may take a look at that AR118 as well):

Shop Greenworks 1500-PSI 1.3-GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com
I would be interested in how this comes apart, and if you can keep it reasonably dry in the front cap. This looks like a great idea. The 110v AC in this compartment may be an issue.

Another spot to look at would be to install the pressure washer in the peg board area. I think it will fit, and then you can run your static water lines easily, and route the quick disconnect along the water tanks to the water bay. This will allow the hose to come out of the coach, with all the doors shut, making for a good wash.

I am going to do some more measuring and planning, but this appears to be simpler, and allow for an installed version. I will just have to modify my shelf in the storage bay.

I would like to mount the reel in the coach, and have 75 foot of pressure hose, but I do not see a place that would take the reel, and allow for the hose to easily exit with bay doors shut. I may have to enlist an engineer, where oh where is FLSteve when you need him?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had checked on the specs of some of the 2014 Dutch Stars that NorthTrail RV had on their lot and the hot water line to the generator is a special order they have built into many of their coaches.

I am planning on installing a quarter turn valve on a tee at the washer which will allow me to blow the line out when I winterize. I can easily run PEX up front but considering I'm pulling it inside the frame I doubt I can install an insulated line.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Since I am sure FLSteve is going to figure this all out for me, I may as well put the rest of the plan down.

Mission:
Spot Free Wash using coach water supply.

Parts required:
DI Tank (6x18 /c 2.5in Opening)
Water Softener (6.75 x 22 )
Electric Pressure washer ( AR118 )
High-pressure hose reel

Budget:
$800.00

Utilize the Peg board area for all of this area, and still have storage space left over. The only item that does not fit here well is the hose reel, and that needs to be located where it is easy to exit the coach and close the doors.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I would be interested in how this comes apart, and if you can keep it reasonably dry in the front cap. This looks like a great idea. The 110v AC in this compartment may be an issue.

Another spot to look at would be to install the pressure washer in the peg board area. I think it will fit, and then you can run your static water lines easily, and route the quick disconnect along the water tanks to the water bay. This will allow the hose to come out of the coach, with all the doors shut, making for a good wash.

I am going to do some more measuring and planning, but this appears to be simpler, and allow for an installed version. I will just have to modify my shelf in the storage bay.

I would like to mount the reel in the coach, and have 75 foot of pressure hose, but I do not see a place that would take the reel, and allow for the hose to easily exit with bay doors shut. I may have to enlist an engineer, where oh where is FLSteve when you need him?

The 110 VAC up front shouldn't be a problem in terms of keeping it dry. I've spent that last 35 years tinkering with deep sea technology and am used to keeping 3,400 VAC dry to 10,000 feet. The pressure washer behind the front bumper is a piece of cake! But I do like the idea of installing it in the pegboard area, I'm going to investigate that as well. You're right, getting power and water supply to that area is considerably easier than the front of the coach.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
The first time I saw a hot water line was in a King, owned by a guy in our park. Always envied that idea, so when I found North Trail had it included in my Essex...I was a buyer. this guy then took the cover off a pressure washer from Lowes and installed it between the front of the generator and the fibreglas "hood". So that, too, has always been my intent. Strange, but that AR118 is the pump I've been eying as well.(Amazon, $94 Prime)

I think I can take that hose rack off the AR118 pump to make it even smaller and it'll fit up there under the "hood". But mounting it under the HWH tank might be a viable option too.

When I left our Florida winter park I took along my larger, hand carry AR pressure washer, hoping I might be able to incorporate it into a system in the basement area. But with my hot water already in place, it looks like up front is the best place for me.

Now, the water supply. If you look at those pics I posted you can see this line ties into the water drain line behind the Oasis. So if you run it uphill to the front, it should self drain and not need winterizing. Next issue....where is the easiest 120 V source to the front cap?

So keep those ideas coming, guys. Maybe we can figure this thing out.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote