Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #1

ISO 2003 Dutch Star dash A/C compressor fuse location

Well, the title pretty much summed it up. Is there one? If so where? I am not getting power to the compressor. I have looked at the fuse block above the generator. nothing jumped out at me.
JGIBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #2

The power to the compressor will come thru a low and possably a high pressure switch.

The pressure switchs are there to protect the compressor from damage due to low refregerent or high pressure due to an obstructed system.

You need to look for them between the compressor and fuse.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club

I just had to replace that switch on my Evans AC system. It was located on the small line on the drivers side. It has two wires going to it. You can jump it to test to see if it is bad. I think it is called a binary switch. Part number 212069 you can google it to see what it looks like or go to the Evans parts site.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club

It is mounted on a shrader valve so it can be replaced without draining the system. It was easy to test by pulling off the wires and joining them in some fashion. If the compressor comes to life then that is the problem. If not keep looking.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #5

Jumping the switch doesn't mean its bad. It may well be low on refrigerant.

You can jump it for a few minutes and see if the system cools, but if it don't, you need some service.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 2002 Newmar and my ac gets power thru a self resetting circuit breaker above the generator inside a box with a clear plastic front that has several fuses and relays.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #7

There may be differences between wiring in the two chassis that the Dutch Stars are available on; Freightliner and Spartan .

What is your Dutch Star built on?

But your dash HVAC is more than likely by Evans/Tempcon and as shown in the diagram below and as mentioned by other members there has to be R134A in the system for power to pass through the safety pressure switch to the compressor electromagnet.
Picture is the pressure switch , which on my Freightliner chassis is right above the gen set.
If your dash fan is running the system fuse ( circuit breaker) is fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0427.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	246342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Evans wiring schematic (465x640).jpg
Views:	396
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	246343  

Old 05-18-2019, 06:05 AM   #8

Thanks for the input guys. After some googlein' I decided to dump a can of Freon in. I didn't think the pressure would be right without the compressor working. I figured I really didn't have much to loose by adding Freon, now the clutch is engaging. Now I need to add another can. Again, Thanks. A lot of education comes with owning a coach.
JGIBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Jumping the switch doesn't mean its bad. It may well be low on refrigerant.

You can jump it for a few minutes and see if the system cools, but if it don't, you need some service.

Excellent point Twinboat! As Always you are right on.

Tags
cat, compressor, dash, dutch star, fuse