Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #1

It's a Sad Day when you decide to hang it up

I want to say thanks to those of you on here who gave advice and direction as I was in the hunt for my perfect motorhome. I found what was the perfect motorhome to me in a 2015 Dutch Star Model 4018. However when your wife informs you that she is done RV'ing and wants to spend our remaining time and resources with international travel...what can you say? As the joke goes..."I'm sure gone a misser"

Seriously, I am going to miss the motorhome and it is my favorite way to travel. So if anyone here knows of someone in the market for a great coach that is ready to hit the road, my For Sale Ad is here in the Classified section and RV Trader and Craigslist Seattle.

Happy trails and safe travels to all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #2

Sad indeed. I had to make the same decision a year ago. DW has severe arthritus in her back and can hardly walk across the room without pain. Handing it up was the death of my last dream.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Look at it like this, the end of one chapter, the beginning of a new chapter.
Wiscampsin1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:26 AM   #4

Every day you wake up is a great day

Enjoy all of them and never look back. We all have to deal with the cards we are dealt and in your case it’s not so bad just a different type of journey.

Take care
Old 04-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #5

Yes....a very sad day indeed. Yet we all may be faced with that same decision some day. Do we get rid of the coach we love or the wife that has been with us for years?

It can be a tough call but you have probably made the right decision. Safe travels.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #6

Well, you're not really hanging it up, but moving to a different mode of travel and locations. Maybe you " split the difference" and on some of your offshore travels, rent a RV to see the real countryside instead of what is presented in canned tours.
Good Luck and have fun !!
Old 04-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federalman View Post
I want to say thanks to those of you on here who gave advice and direction as I was in the hunt for my perfect motorhome. I found what was the perfect motorhome to me in a 2015 Dutch Star Model 4018. However when your wife informs you that she is done RV'ing and wants to spend our remaining time and resources with international travel...what can you say? As the joke goes..."I'm sure gone a misser"

Seriously, I am going to miss the motorhome and it is my favorite way to travel. So if anyone here knows of someone in the market for a great coach that is ready to hit the road, my For Sale Ad is here in the Classified section and RV Trader and Craigslist Seattle.

Happy trails and safe travels to all!
Well I'm here to help, and I will take that silly little coach right off your hands for free, AND!, GIVE YOU my well taken care of "Vintage Coach" (1997 RexAir) as a bonus.

Sound good?

Seriously, so sorry to hear you're having to sell, I too LOVE traveling in these big old rigs. (I know, mine doesn't technically qualify as a "BIG" rig, but certainly "OLD" applies.

Good luck in your new adventure, and either way you slice it, you're blessed!

Safe Travels!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #8

Wow that’s sad, you know you can do both righ?

Zzotte
Old 04-04-2019, 11:06 PM   #9

I wish I had the time and money to do both, but alas I must choose one. Plus there's that wife thing. She is done. Maybe if we were retired and had the ability to take our time with no stress. Unfortunately seems like we are always on a forced march pace to stay on schedule.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #10

Yes sometimes it’s hard to get off the turning wheel, I guess happy wife happy life right?

Zzotte
Old 04-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #11

Yes sometimes it’s hard to get off the turning wheel, I guess happy wife happy life right?

Zzotte