Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #1

It's Official

We have custom ordered a 2013 Dutch Star. 4347 to be exact.

We were stuck between the 4318 and the 4347, couldn't make the one change we wanted to the 4318. We wanted recliners in place of the couch. With it being on the non-flush slide Newmar said no go.

So we get the walk in closet instead. Got rid of both couches, put recliners on the drivers side. Passenger side got the popup TV and cabinet. Then we axed the mid-ship TV and slid the refrigerator down to make room for a bigger pantry. All electric.

Hope to take possession in August or early September.

"Movuving on up to the tag axle side"
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations on the new Dutch Star we are on our second one. Just bought a new 2011 DS model 4344. Wife loves the residential frig and all the pantry storage.
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Congrat's sounds like you made some great changes. That little pantry that comes standard wasn't worth the space it took. You should know have a decent panty and a great coach.
Traps90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #4

Thanks, we're pretty excited.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats....am a little bit jealous .........
Renden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #6

Wait till I post pictures!!!

A dream coming true.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats. Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see pics. Don't keep us hanging.
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
We have custom ordered a 2013 Dutch Star. 4347 to be exact.
Congratulations!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #9

You did what I intend to do later this summer, only in a 40'. Could you tell me:

Did they give you credit for deleting the 2 couches?

Same Q re the galley TV removal and pantry ILO?

Did factory install the cabinet/fireplace/lift up TV on the passenger side; or did you have to do that after-market?

Even before reading your post, I'd decided to do the same things. Makes you wonder, if ordinary folks like us can think of this, why don't they offer the options?

Thanks in advance,
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #10

I'm not sure about credit for the couches because we added recliners. Newmar is putting in the cabinet on the passenger side.

Here is the floor plan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0001 - Copy.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	23251

Should have good walk around room when the slides are in.

Click for bigger pic.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #11

Yip. That'd be a big "Me, too." It looks exactly like what I've been drawing up in my mind. Therefore, let me congratulate you on having such good taste in interior desgn!!

My bath won't be the same because it's only a 40'; but everything north of the bedroom's almost the same.

So, is Newman/your dealer selling you the recliners; or, are you buying those after market? Also, Newmar offers an entertainment center on the pass side in the Essex and King Aire that looks kinda like yours/ours. Are they just taking what they put in those coaches and building for you? Did you finagle that with Newmar directly or your dealer?

I'm sorry to be so nosey; but I'll be asking them to do the same and don't want to have to invent too many of the same wheels.
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #12

You can't ask enough questions when spending this much money. We started by quizzing our dealer, then the regional rep, then (because we working so close) went to the factory. We felt like everyone was bending over backwards to help us. The only thing I couldn't get that I wanted was the roof AC drain system. They said not on Dutch Stars. It is standard on Mountain Air, Essex, and King Air. The televater is an option on all from Ventana on up. It normally goes behind couch that we had no use for. When we asked John at Newmar about the changes we wanted (we thought we might be going to the extreme), he just smiled and said we haven't begun to scratch the surface. Because they build all the cabinets in house they said the possibilities are endless. The recliners are a Newmar recliner, also on the option sheet. We're not big recliner fans (prefer reclining loveseat), but these were nice when I sat in one. If you know the model number that you like call your dealer and have them give you an option sheet for it. Each model has it's own options list. It has the option number as well as the price. As far as the "special changes" those amounts were between Newmar and the dealer. I didn't get a breakdown, nor did I press. The deal came in below the amount we set and better then buying off the lot.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I didn't know the Dutch Star didn't have AC drain lines. Wow, for that much money, I would think that was standard.
FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
I'm not sure about credit for the couches because we added recliners. Newmar is putting in the cabinet on the passenger side.

Here is the floor plan.

Attachment 23251

Should have good walk around room when the slides are in.

Click for bigger pic.
I am excited for you! I'm sure it's a relief to have it all finalized. On the floorplan, the dining combo - what is the desk/tambour table setup? Not familiar with that?

We'll be counting the days with you!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote