Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2022, 03:03 PM   #57

If you go to a truck stop buy a pin puller.
Whatever you need to pull out from under coCh, this works great. Ex semi driver.
Marty1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #58

Snap pads

I have a 2018 dodge car, I was told snap pads would not work and we’re not available, due to the steerable tag axle. I purchased four rubber pads about 2 inches thick, and tied rope to them to pull them out so I don’t have to crawl underneath the coach to retrieve them. You can use anything to push them under.
L Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 03:37 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Plywood

I bought a sheet of 3/4" pressure treated plywood and cut out 8-12" X 12" pieces. I made them extra thick by screwing 2 of them together so I had 4 double thick super strong 1 1/2" pads. If you have an awning rod, drill holes a big larger than the awning rod through all four corners of each pad. To pull a pad out from under the RV, just stick your awning rod in the hole and pull. I've used them on the last three Newmar's we've had. Highly recommended. Since I had some plywood left over, I cut a couple of extras so if I have a low side, I can still level.
janelewbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:39 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCampbell View Post
In planning for first trip in a new DS, some campgrounds require jack pads. Looking around, I don't see many jack pads that would support the weight of a loaded Dutch Star. Does anyone has a recommendation for make/model jack pad?

This is our first MH and the learning curve is overwhelming at times.

Thanks.
I have a 2016 40’ DS with snap pads, they work great in most situations. During a heavy rainstorm at my house I had to tilt my coach and lift it way up on the left side due to a roof leak. Afterwards I found out that the left front Jack (with snap pad) went 5” into my 5” thick blacktop.
I bought these bus pads 5-6 years ago for when I’m on soft dirt or sand. You will not be disappointed. They’re rated for 100 K lbs be sure to face the holes side UP or they may bend.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Super...-p/94-8049.htm

https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-8.../dp/B009WL5986
Djbobbyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:51 PM   #61
Zoo

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Here's my view, you buy a $300K - $500K coach with an auto leveling system and then go to the store and buy pieces of wood/rubber that you have to drag around, lift and store. They're a mess when you pull them out from under the coach and have to be cleaned before putting them away. They also add another thing you have to do after bringing in the slides and putting away the shore cords. Now you have to pull the coach forward and go around and pull them out.

I'm lazy and with a shorter coach, storage is at a premium. I installed the SnapPads on my 2014 DS and immediately on my 2019 DS. They're one and done. You never have to think about them again and they meet the requirements of the campgrounds that require pads.

With all that said, there is one caveat. The SnapPads will fit the front of all Newmar coaches and the rears of the 40' models. They don't have a pad for the 43' coaches as the jack is too close to the frame. If I had a 43' coach, I would still buy the front SnapPads and then get two rubber mats for the rear.
I'm a 100% fan of SnapPads based on our first two coaches. Was super disappointed that they won't fit our latest, DS 4310. Haven't considered doing the front only, but that's worth considering.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:58 AM   #62

We use 12 x12 x1 inch jack pads by Summit. They are very sturdy, easy to clean and store. Go to their web site as they have several designs. We do have some 2 x 10 x 16 inch boards to use under tires if needed also. I keep a putty knife nearby to clean off any debris.
Mzkismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #63

Ok I did something crazy but works fantastic. I took one of my tires that came off when I replaced the fronts and cut them in the shape of the levelers. Then drilled holes to match holes in the hexigon leveler foot and attached with stainless steel cable ties. Total cost $10 for the cable ties. Nasty job cutting the steel belted tire tread, and by the way the best thing that works is an angle grinder with a steel cutting blade. Neighbors will hate you with the smell of burning rubber. Pads are awsome and have definetly made landings smoother when extending. Hey just another tire tread on the ground. Total thinkness is just the tire tread about 3/4 inch with the steel belts and rubber. Also didnt have to pay for the recycle fee at the tire dealership. So $2 more in my pocket.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:54 PM   #64

Circling back around to the snap pad compatibility on Newmars. I have a ‘22 Ventana 4369 and the snap pads fit just fine on the rear. There is another Ventana 4369 but a 2018 near mine in storage facility that I was looking at and no way snap pads would fit. The first photo is mine and the second is the ‘18 VT 4369.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0359B443-2D2D-4F54-AA77-96A0516DD477.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	381613   Click image for larger version

Name:	32B51C0A-F1A7-4D80-8270-7C7C207DF56E.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	480.0 KB
ID:	381614  

BayRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:47 PM   #65

In case you're interested...

I realize I'm late on the discussion, but if anyone is interested in getting some SnapPads -- if you use the code KENT53824 when ordering, you'll get a 10% discount (and, yes, I get credit from the company).

I love mine. Just have yourself some Dawn, Palmolive, or some sort of liquid dish soap, and installation is a breeze.

Safe travels,
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:23 AM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
After having some of the cheaper and thinner pads fold up and bury themselves in the soft ground at a Newmar rally, I did a lot of research and ended up with the Dica Roadwarrior pads. They come in various sizes and load ratings, up to 50,000#. They are tough and have a larger footprint than the jack pad base, distributing the load over a larger area. I use them every time, never had them sink, only a slight indentation on the softest ground. They have a convenient carrying handle and are easy to hose off if they do pick up any mud, etc. At around $300 for a set of 4, they're not cheap, but neither are our coaches!
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 10:58 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jack pad recommendation for DS

We use Bigfoot brand 18 x18 x 1.5” pads and a semi truck 5th wheel and trailer pin hook to pull them out during pack up.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0545.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	384780. Helps when draing air tanks too!

Also be aware that HWH recommends not installing Sanp Pads on their systems with springs as they feel that they can cause early spring failure.

I was very interested but noticed Snap pads website has removed almost all Newmar Diesel coaches except New Aire and some Kountry Star models from their list.

Last time we were in Nappanee parts had stopped selling the models for the larger coaches although they had stocked them previously.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:32 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRog View Post
After having some of the cheaper and thinner pads fold up and bury themselves in the soft ground at a Newmar rally, I did a lot of research and ended up with the Dica Roadwarrior pads. They come in various sizes and load ratings, up to 50,000#. They are tough and have a larger footprint than the jack pad base, distributing the load over a larger area. I use them every time, never had them sink, only a slight indentation on the softest ground. They have a convenient carrying handle and are easy to hose off if they do pick up any mud, etc. At around $300 for a set of 4, they're not cheap, but neither are our coaches!
I bought the road warrior pads, what's the easiest way to get them under the jacks and retrieve them? Looks like I will need to turn them vertically to get them between the tires but interested to see how you manage them. Thanks!
FledCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:22 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCampbell View Post
In planning for first trip in a new DS, some campgrounds require jack pads. Looking around, I don't see many jack pads that would support the weight of a loaded Dutch Star. Does anyone has a recommendation for make/model jack pad?

This is our first MH and the learning curve is overwhelming at times.

Thanks.
What model DS do you have?
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:53 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Jack pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
What model DS do you have?
I have a Dutch Star 4018 and have added pads since I got it. They fit fine and have no problems.
2020 Tahoe LT
mahdi is offline   Reply With Quote