Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
you do not need to start leveling side to side in hwh manual mode.it makes sense to level the low side or end first.
The HWH 725 manual states "It is best to level the vehicle side to side first, if needed, before front to rear."
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #16
TDL

Just curious why you manually level all the time. I have a 2015 Ventana 4369 and rarely do I have to intervene. We are Fulltimers and have moved around 250 times in the last 3.5 years.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:48 PM   #17

I always use the auto level then after it is level I manually lower the coach (usually front-rear) to lower the step height to a more comfortable height. Then I re-check the bathroom door to make sure it doesn't open/close on its own.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:18 PM   #18

I have found on mine, that auto level goes through much more effort, lifts it much more than doing it manually. Even after setting the null to indicate what I mean by level, it does too much sometimes. Unless the MH is already close to level, I don’t use auto level. Once I used auto level on a steep(ish) concrete site and ended up cracking the windshield.

My manual for the jacks (Equalizer) says to first plant the jacks, level front to back, and then side to side.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:19 AM   #19

Jacks raise coach too high

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL View Post
Just curious why you manually level all the time. I have a 2015 Ventana 4369 and rarely do I have to intervene. We are Fulltimers and have moved around 250 times in the last 3.5 years.

For the same reasons wildtoad states above.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #20

I have always found manual level to be faster, lower height when finished, than auto

The exception may be those that always level on pads, many of us are on uneven gravel or rock sites

The majority of systems in use are the simple pair of Jack's using pressure equalization and don't have individual pressure sensors

Great overview by DSD on the sensor type systems
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL View Post
I've found that auto level almost always leaves the coach sitting several inches higher than necessary. Manual leveling is usually faster and results in the steps being in a more comfortable position.

I also usually place blocks of 6x6 pressure treated post below each jack. That eliminates a lot of jack extension and the resultant shakiness caused by having the coach sitting on 4 long spindly legs. I know some folks are less concerned with step height and a shaking coach but I'm pretty sensitive to it.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #22

Not to hijack the thread or anything but can anybody tell me why the manual says to extend the slides BEFORE leveling? My previous coaches, and seemingly common sense, suggests that having the coach level and true would make it easier for the slides to work well. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:35 PM   #23

Newmar changed the procedure after going to full wall slides due to the change in the coach's structural rigidity and the suspension design.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #24

One thing auto level does for me is dump the air bags, dropping the coach down to maybe 9" off the ground, before it starts leveling (for the ones not on air, plz disregard). I always tweak it afterward manually using a 2 ft level.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks