Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Mteerjim
Angry Jersey barrier won. Need repairs.

While traveling through narrow roadway construction barriers at night I clipped one trying to avoid a $25 rubber traffic cone! Damaged my lower panels at bottom edge including doors along drivers side. About 10-12 feet long. Doors may not open, and I didn't want to force them. Body shops in my small town south of Pittsburgh not interested in fixing. Any ideas? Do I need to go to Newmar manufacturing in Indiana to get it done or can any dealer handle if I can find one? Any suggestions. Mountaineer Jim
Mteerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mteerjim View Post
While traveling through narrow roadway construction barriers at night I clipped one trying to avoid a $25 rubber traffic cone! Damaged my lower panels and doors along drivers side. About 10 feet long. Doors may not open, and I didn't want to force them. Body shops in my small town south of Pittsburgh not interested in fixing. Any ideas? Do I need to go to Newmar manufacturing in Indiana to get it done or can any dealer handle? Any suggestions. Mountaineer Jim
If covered by insurance I would go to Newmar. Not sure of their current scheduling but most would like to see repairs done by manufacturer if planning on selling in the future.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #3

Newmar recently told me November to fit me in. 5 months!
Keith55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:20 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If it is just the bottom edge, is it worth getting Summit Stainless and installing it along the bottom section of the doors? Not sure how high the damage goes.
richpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:06 AM   #5

Go to any good body shop. Completely unneeded to go to Newmar. Nothing in that repair requires proprietary knowledge.

Tags
air, repair, repairs