RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2014, 09:15 PM   #1

Joined the family: 2009 DADP

We recently joined the Newmar family with a 2009 43' Dutch Aire diesel pusher, the 4317 floor plan. This, along with a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, replaced our 2004 Cameo LXI 34CK3 fifth wheel and 2012 Ram 2500 diesel. We lived full-time in that one and will do so in this one also, though I still work full-time (doing software development via a cellular data connection).

Thanks to the links of 007, which I have modified following the pattern, I have downloaded the brochure and owners guide. There are certainly many new systems for me to learn about.

I do have some questions to get started. Where is the Garmin GVN 53 unit located? I would like to update the map data on it. Where on the outside of the coach is the park cable TV connection? Does the microwave over the stove vent to the outside? It seems to only vent to the inside.

I have been lurking for a little bit, reading the current and older threads, and learning what I can. Thanks for all of the information that gets posted here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009DADP_1024.png
Views:	98
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	57438  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Dutch Aire.
Always like the DA they were not around that long nice colors on your coach.
You have the brochure and owners guide and if you have been following you know about the links below in my signature.
The Micro vent if you have a cabinet over the Micro and see a box on back wall on cabinet it maybe your vent up through the roof, with a roof cover separate from the refrigerator vent.
Your cable connection will be in the power bay along with a telephone connection in the same outlet. Mine is mounted on rear frame wall with two white covers covering each item.
The QT's 1 & 2 will have most heating and cooling systems plus jack systems and slide info.
QT's # 3 has most updated stuff plus some old.
Plus most informative people on the forum to answer your tough DP questions that I leave up to them. I just sit back and listen.
Welcome to the Newmar family and safe travels ahead for you.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
TButterfield.

And Welcome to the Newmar Family. A Great group of owners here to answer your questions. We came from a 5th wheeler and these folks have been very kind to us.

Very nice color scheme. Again, Welcome to the family.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We hide a 5th wheel group on the Newmar forum too.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the family and nice looking DA! Your microwave probably just recirculates the air and possibly has a filter. If you get make/model you can most likely get the owners manual. BTW I found that as I go I download as many of the manuals as I can, it seems easier to open the computer than to find the right manual in the binder.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the forum and the Newmar family. I'm sure you'll enjoy your coach.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
welcome to irv2 and congrats on the DA
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #8

Thanks for the welcomes. Our DA is the Sea Mist color set, though my picture looks a bit more contrasty that it seems in person. I think I need to take another with a bit of high overcast to even out the colors.

On the 4317, the Micro is in the slide. The cabinet over it is very shallow with the entire back of it enclosed. On our 5er, there was a vent on the outside. That exterior vent flap is not on this one. I suspect harleychief is right about it being just a recirculating fan and filter. I agree about having digital manuals. I do that also.

Cable is connected and working fine. Thanks.