Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Kidde Fire Extinguisher recall special handling

Our 2017 DS has a Canadian FE and it is on the Canadian recall list, but since we are in the US the replacement requires special handling. If you call the US reps at Kidde or look at the US list on the Kidde website you would think you are in the clear since the Canadian models are not listed there.

Please see post #34 in this thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/kidde...ll-366279.html

Lynn
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I called them this morning. Was on the phone for about 30 min. They are sending me two replacements. Have the units on hand when you call.
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have one USA extinguisher and one Canadian (they are actually the same extinguishers, made in Mexico, but different labels). I had no problem getting the USA one replaced but they didn't know anything about the Canadian one. They gave me a reference ID and told me to call back when I found the Canadian info. I looked it up on there web site and called back, got another "new" employee who wanted to ask me all the boiler plate questions for a claim. I explained I already made a claim and had a claim number ID and wanted to add another extinguisher. She said she didn't know how ro do that. I said get me a supervisor. He came on and said they couldn't help me, I needed to call the Canadian claim phone number or use the web site. The web site won't take my info because my USA address is not a valid Canadain address. The phone number rings and goes to musical hold and the new hangs up on you after about two minutes. Once it asked for my number and a representative would call me back. Two days and no return call. So I sent an angry email to the company customer service dept. Still no reply!
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I have one Canadian and one Made in Mexico. The rep was a bit slow, but accepted the claim?
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetonchief View Post
I have one USA extinguisher and one Canadian (they are actually the same extinguishers, made in Mexico, but different labels). I had no problem getting the USA one replaced but they didn't know anything about the Canadian one. They gave me a reference ID and told me to call back when I found the Canadian info. I looked it up on there web site and called back, got another "new" employee who wanted to ask me all the boiler plate questions for a claim. I explained I already made a claim and had a claim number ID and wanted to add another extinguisher. She said she didn't know how ro do that. I said get me a supervisor. He came on and said they couldn't help me, I needed to call the Canadian claim phone number or use the web site. The web site won't take my info because my USA address is not a valid Canadain address. The phone number rings and goes to musical hold and the new hangs up on you after about two minutes. Once it asked for my number and a representative would call me back. Two days and no return call. So I sent an angry email to the company customer service dept. Still no reply!
Read post #1 and visit the linked post - covers the solution for US owners of the Canadian units as well as the Canadian model list to check.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #6

Fire Extinguisher Recall

You may have heard about a fire extinguisher recall from Kidde (certain units produced between 1973 and 2017). It applies to the fire extinguisher included in our coach from Newmar – you can go to this sight for all the details – https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/. If yours is on the list, they will send you a replacement along with instructions to dispose of the old one.
We ran into one snag with the recall website. The fire extinguisher in our coach is from Canada and the Canadian site will only accept a Canadian home address for the replacement. One option is to call Kidde customer service at 800-631-7377 and explain your situation, or the phone rep provided us with the US equivalent model number so we could use the US website for our recall replacement. For us, the Canadian model was “E10” and the US equivalent is “FA10G”. Hope this helps. If you have to call, the hours are 8:00 – 5:00 EST and call early to avoid a long hold time.
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire, recall