Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2021, 08:06 AM   #1

King Aire Bedroom TV

Anyone know how to get the bedroom TV pulled back or out from the wall? I need to check the connections at the back of the TV and the Bose Solo 5 and can not figure out how the TV is mounted. Newmar says it is on a swing bracket that is held in position by magnets, but if that is true, these are the strongest magnets I have ever come up against. Don't want to break anything, but there must be a trick to getting behind it for service. Any ideas ? Thanks .......
Startestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startestor View Post
Anyone know how to get the bedroom TV pulled back or out from the wall? I need to check the connections at the back of the TV and the Bose Solo 5 and can not figure out how the TV is mounted. Newmar says it is on a swing bracket that is held in position by magnets, but if that is true, these are the strongest magnets I have ever come up against. Don't want to break anything, but there must be a trick to getting behind it for service. Any ideas ? Thanks .......
Is there room above the TV? If so, it may be mounted on a "V" bracket and simply slide up to remove.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:29 PM   #3

Got information back from Newmar Customer service that the TV was mounted on a fixed bracket and was secured by two screws at the bottom of the TV. Well, the Bose Solo 5 sound bar is mounted directly under the TV so the screws were not easily seen. When I asked about the sound bar, customer service responded that is was held in place by Velcro. So, tonight I went down and started taking a closer look to see why the sound bar would not come loose. The Sound bar is not velcroed in place, it is secured by a bracket that has a locking lip that unhooks after you tilt it up. (see pictures). This was only discovered after I located the two screws holding the bottom of the TV, and after finding a very thin long Phillips head screwdriver, was able to back the screws out of the wood support. You then lift the TV up and it comes off the wall bracket and you can then disconnect the cables and lay it on the bed. The Bose sound bar wasn't plugged in and after rearranging the cabling and plugging in the power, the sound bar came on. Got everything back together and secured back to the wall and all is working with great sound.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bose bracket-1.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	351000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bose bracket-2.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	351001  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket on Sound bar.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	351002  
Old 12-10-2021, 07:02 AM   #4

how much wasted space behind it?

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:40 PM   #5

While bedroom TV mounts vary from different models as well as floorplans, ours was on a mount attached to the wall opposite from the bed . Upon delivery, I had our cabinet mfg build a cabinet where rhe TV was originally. They mounted the TV on the front so it is in the same position but the DW now has ample storage for all her cleaning and laundry products as opposed to trying to find storage elsewhere.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 12:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
how much wasted space behind it?

I didn't measure it but would estimate no more than 4 or 5 inches.

Tags
air