Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2016, 12:14 PM   #1

King Aire Water Pump problems

I currently have a King Aire that I bought new 11 months ago, this is my question/problem.....when we use the water from the fresh water tank with the water pump on and are taking a shower, the water will work fine for about 3 to 4 minutes then it completely quits, as the water pump stops working.

We can then turn the water in the shower to the off position and wait for about 30 seconds and then turn it back on and it will work fine for about another 3 to 4 minutes and then does the same thing again.

Is that normal? This is my 6th motor home (1st Newmar) and the others did not do this.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Billy
bwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
The thermal protection on the pump is cutting out. When it cools down it is working again. Probably a defective pump.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
The thermal protection on the pump is cutting out. When it cools down it is working again. Probably a defective pump.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
What is the make/model of the pump?

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #5

KIng Aire water pump

The water pump is a "Remco 55AquaJet-OES"

Never had one do this before. I bet your right and the pump is defective.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
The Aquajet has a thermal protector which shuts the pump off when the heat sink reaches 185F and resets automatically when cools down. Either the pump is tuning too hot or the thermal protector opens too early. In either case the pump is defective. Call Remco to see if it is repairable or not.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
Old 06-05-2016, 10:12 PM   #7

If pump motor is easy to access........run it until it shuts down then carefully place your hand on motor Or use an infrared temp gun and measure temp.

Is Motor getting HOT?
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:42 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
[http://www.remcoindustries.com/Corpo...f=Aquajet.php]

Old 06-06-2016, 05:37 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Does the pump shut down when another faucet is used rather than the shower. Perhaps there is a restriction in the flow from the shower?
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #10

KIng Aire water pump

No the pump quits when the shower is on and when you turn off the water in the shower and wait for about 30 seconds then turn the water back on the pump works like it should for about 3 to 4 minutes then the water pump quits and therefore the water in the shower stops as well.

I called Newmar and they agreed that the pump needs to be replaced.

Thanks to everyone.

Billy

Tags
ems, problems, water, water pump