Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
L Shaped Sofa

Taking delivery of a new Newmar at the end of the week. Love everything about this one (I better, I am replacing the one I bought just 2 years ago) but am thinking about replacing the queen sofa hida-bed with an L Shaped one.

Anyone ever done this?

Andy

Andyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #2

You don't say what model Coach you are looking at, or if the new L shaped sofa is a Newmar standard or aftermarket, so not a lot to go on here.
I will say we have the stock L sofa ( Newmar ) in our Ventana. Its OK as a sofa / absolutely terrible as a bed. Kids don't even want to sleep on it. Newmar purchasing agents should be forced to spend a night on it !
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Update to L Shape Sofa

Baystar 3124 with factory Flex Steel Queen Hida-Bed. I do have an 8" inflatable I use for the rare occasion when my DW assigns me the "Dog House" bed.

Thanks

Andy
Andyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by britcon View Post
You don't say what model Coach you are looking at, or if the new L shaped sofa is a Newmar standard or aftermarket, so not a lot to go on here.
I will say we have the stock L sofa ( Newmar ) in our Ventana. Its OK as a sofa / absolutely terrible as a bed. Kids don't even want to sleep on it. Newmar purchasing agents should be forced to spend a night on it !
We have the same set up and I agree. Our grandkids sleep ok on it, but I slept one night on it and it was terrible. It is very comfortable as a sofa though.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We have the "L" in our Canyon Star and have been thinking about possibly replacing it with a straight sleeper sofa. The "L" is OK. When we ordered the coach we replaced the sofa that was across from it with two factory recliners. As others have said it is not all that comfortable as a bed when it is folded out.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We have a 2014 Canyon Star 3610 with the L sofa - do NOT like it. The bed is really horrible. The sofa sits ok - we are thinking of replacing it with a "jack-knife" sofa - had one of that before and liked it.
bwaller is offline   Reply With Quote