RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I have been at FW for a little longer than a week. Noticed there a lot less coaches than normal. However, many more rolled in today. That is neither good nor bad, just not sure if there is a trend or just coincidence.

If any forum folks are here please stop by and say hello. We are on site 515, one of the new premium sites. They are much better.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have been at FW for a little longer than a week. Noticed there a lot less coaches than normal. However, many more rolled in today. That is neither good nor bad, just not sure if there is a trend or just coincidence.

If any forum folks are here please stop by and say hello. We are on site 515, one of the new premium sites. They are much better.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Forgot to mention that FW put in a new large dog run area that is an incredible amenity for us pet owners.

We have a 6 month old greyhound puppy and this area is wonderful for us. It also turns out to be a social area. (for pets and people)

Nice little touches like double gated entry to prevent escapes, multiple water sources and pet stations, picnic tables and more.

We are putting one in our campground this year after seeing the huge success here.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:38 AM   #4

Hi Scott! Hope all is well. They also move the Golf Cart pickup to the check in area. A real pain if you are also towing (2 people, 3 items to drive). When we were there 3 weeks ago, it was pretty empty. Usually busier at that time of the year. They also had full loops closed for upgrades. Paul
Old 12-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #5

After Thanksgiving and before Christmas is a "low" period for Disneyworld.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #6

We were there for a couple weeks in October. Site #541. I like the new sites. Easier to park in and I like not having the shell/sand under the awning area. Sure do wish we were there now. It was 5 degrees here this morning in MA. Have a fun stay!

2000 Freightliner Sportchassis - 300 CAT, 6 speed Alison
Shaun and Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 69RoadRunner:
After Thanksgiving and before Christmas is a "low" period for Disneyworld. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So close, we pulled into 544 on October 26th for 2 1/2 weeks. We must have justed missed each other.

FW was about 50% full over holloween and then emptied A LOT in November. It made for a nice experience for us but it was the first time we have ever seen it lat low and we go 3+ times a year.

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
RE: low period - we are well aware about the slow time. That is why we come at the same time every year. Even for the slow time there are fewer than normal coaches here.

FW is still relatively busy but, the mix is different. Again, not good or bad, just an observation.

Wondering if the slowed economy and until recently expensive fuel has pushed more people in coaches to monthly priced campgrounds/RV Resorts. I'm basing this on the assumption that many, if not most, coach owners that camp this time of year are full-timers or snow birds.

Again, no judgment made or inferred. As someone who stays at FW 2-3 times a year, it is just an interesting dynamic.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:37 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So close, we pulled into 544 on October 26th for 2 1/2 weeks. We must have justed missed each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very close. We left on October 18. While we were there we did have a neighbor for about a week the had a Ventana.

2000 Freightliner Sportchassis - 300 CAT, 6 speed Alison
Shaun and Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JavaJelly:

FW is still relatively busy but, the mix is different. Again, not good or bad, just an observation.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For my vote, I think it is the new Premium sites. They are another chunk higher in price. We have relatives that were going to stay few a few days while we were there and asked for the normal sites. They said they were totally booked through New Year! We get there and there were so many spaces. If you look close, the "smaller" site loops are busy.

I think people are just not used to the "price increase" and are all fighting for the fewer cheaper sites. Now, IMHO the larger sites are worth the increase.

That is my guess...

Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #11

About 3 weeks ago we tried to book a site for a week starting 12/14 and told nothing was available! Interesting.
SNAIL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SNAIL1:
About 3 weeks ago we tried to book a site for a week starting 12/14 and told nothing was available! Interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What type of site did you ask for?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:54 AM   #13
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
We are on the way and should arrive afternoonish today, and we are staying in the new premium section.
We have an 8 yr old who is looking forward to the magic.
Any tips on tickets?

06 Essex w/PT Cruiser conv toad
JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
We just arrived in WV for our last night before getting home tomorrow. Sorry to have missed you.

We get the annual passes every year and time our trips so we can use them twice, i.e. we buy an annual pass every other year.

DisneyQuest and Blizzard Beach are great but, unless you plan on going more than once don't buy that option. It would be cheaper to pay single day admission. However, DisneyQuest is not worth the day admission in my opinion. My 6 and 7 year olds only wanted to stay a 2 1/2 hours the first time and less than 2 hours the ssecond time.

Blizzard Beach will wear you out but, the kids want to stay all day.

If annual passes are not a fit for you then you can get the 10 day pass that lets you hop from park to park over 14 days. On any 10 days across 14 or less you can go to as many parks as you'd like.

Not sure how long your stay is but, save a day for Downtown Disney and to tour the resorts such as the Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Top rides for an 8 year old (my opinion for an average level adventerous kid) - Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear all at Magic Kingdom, Toy Story & Star Tours at Studios, Safari at Animal Kingdom, Soarin' & Test Track at EPCOT.

Best tip - go early (right at opening) every day, you'll get on every ride this time of year w/little to no wait, go back to your coach mid-afternoon for rest/relaxation etc., and back for a night visit if you have the energy.

Sorry to ramble. We have the good fortune to go to Disney a lot just want to help.