Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Leaking sleep comfort mattress

My side of the sleep comfort bed has been losing air this fall. I need to pump it up a bit twice a night. I think I worked something lose in the lines when I pulled the corner of the mattress up so I could get the fitted sheet on. I've unzipped the cover and looked at the bladder. I can see where the line goes into the bladder but can't see the other end of the line where it goes into the pump. How and where can I check the connections for a leak?

Here's the connection in the bed that I can get to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connection.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	48975  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillie View Post
My side of the sleep comfort bed has been losing air this fall. I need to pump it up a bit twice a night. I think I worked something lose in the lines when I pulled the corner of the mattress up so I could get the fitted sheet on. I've unzipped the cover and looked at the bladder. I can see where the line goes into the bladder but can't see the other end of the line where it goes into the pump. How and where can I check the connections for a leak?

Here's the connection in the bed that I can get to.
If you don't have an owners manual, which shows how to test, do this:

Reverse where the tubes enter the bed. In other words, put the tubes from the right side, on the left side and visa versa. If the same side goes soft it is the bed chamber.

If the opposite side goes soft, it is in the tubes or pump unit.

The above was in our manual and also what sleep number wanted us to do before warranty. If you are the original purchaser, don't worry about the purchase receipt, Sleep Number has you in their data base, if you registered.

In our case, it was the air chamber which Sleep Number promptly replaced for us.
We found their customer service very good, sorry you had problems.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
If you don't have an owners manual, which shows how to test, do this:

Reverse where the tubes enter the bed. In other words, put the tubes from the right side, on the left side and visa versa. If the same side goes soft it is the bed chamber.

If the opposite side goes soft, it is in the tubes or pump unit.

The above was in our manual and also what sleep number wanted us to do before warranty. If you are the original purchaser, don't worry about the purchase receipt, Sleep Number has you in their data base, if you registered.

In our case, it was the air chamber which Sleep Number promptly replaced for us.
We found their customer service very good, sorry you had problems.
I'll dig through the paperwork to see if I can find the booklet. Maybe I'll just reverse the tubes and let hubby sleep in the hole. I hope I will find the directions for disconnecting the tubes in the booklet; I don't want to break something. I'll also look for the phone number to call Sleep Number.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ha! Ha! I just remembered. His side used to leak a little bit of air at night but mine didn't. Now it's the opposite. Maybe he beat me to it by switching chambers.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Push in on gray tab and gently twist and pull connection off of air chamber to remove tubes.
Golfr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I called Select comfort when I had a leak, they replaced the bladder and hoses, no charge. I upgrade to the new pump and wireless remote, also a warranty item for $34.00 upgrade charge. Great company to do business with and they do stand behind their 10/20 year warranty.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfr61 View Post
Push in on gray tab and gently twist and pull connection off of air chamber to remove tubes.
Thanks for the directions. I'll try that tomorrow early. Gotta give myself plenty of time before bedtime in case I mess something up.

If switching the hoses doesn't show me where the problem is, I'll call Select Comfort. It's good to hear kind words about the company.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Switched the hoses (and the controls) yesterday. My side lost a little air overnight but not as much as before. A call to Sleep Comfort is next.

I mentioned switching the controls because I tried putting air in my mattress right after switching the hoses and nothing happened. It wasn't until I noticed the other mattress was really tight that I thought about the controls. Glad it didn't blow up!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Called Sleep Comfort today. They're shipping a new mattress for $60. As posted here, very nice people to deal with.

Tags
leak