Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

Letter from Matt Miller to Entegra Owners on Newmar Customer Service

I miss read the email from Entegra owner and have removed the incorrect information.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #2

Tom, you may be referring to this post that I (an Entegra owner) made on the Entegra Owners forum:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/impr...er-476016.html

To be clear, the e-mail I received from Newmar wasn’t directed to me individually or to Entegra owners as a group; it was, as best I can tell, sent to everyone who happens to be in Newmar’s e-mail data base.

In any case, I made the post simply because I thought Matt Miller’s letter on the opening page of “The Difference” magazine was well done and reflected what all of us who own motorhomes would like to see from all the manufacturers who compete in that market space.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - Matt had a great teacher and I would be hard pressed to say anything about his values that are anything but positive. One of the positives that blunted the blow of the Winnie purchase of Newmar was that Matt is still in charge. Larry, you can take Matt at his word. My second Newmar is just as good as the first and customer service after the sale has been excellent. It's a great company if they leave it to follow it's values.

Tom
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:20 PM   #4

Tom, my sense is that Winnebago was struggling in the Class A diesel motorhome marketplace and decided it made more sense to buy Newmar than to keep trying. If that's anywhere close to accurate I suspect they'll be astute enough to let Newmar keep doing what Newmar knows how to do.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #5

Remember about 2 years ago Winnebago purchased the Country Coach factory in Oregon and spend a lot of money getting factory ready to do diesel production. First their coaches and then bring back Country Coach. They built some coaches but closed it down within a couple months because of suppliers and employees. That cost them a couple million dollars but it didn't change there desire to get into the High Line market like Newmar's. At this point, we long time owners haven't seen any noticeable changes but they could and will be coming down the road. We were at the Newmar Gathering in Quartzsite and there was a Amish women from Nappanee doing solar installs who said there are some employees who have seen some changes in their work place since the buy out that haven't been positive. Just one person thoughts after talking with Newmar workers. With a thousand employees there would be some negative effects from the buy out. This is the first negative I have heard so far. Still have confidence in Matt Miller and Newmar.
Newmar Man
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
The reason Newmar sold out was a family issue pure and simple. Matt's siblings wanted to enjoy the fruits of what the Miller family has built. It was a family decision to do the sale now and luckily for us (I believe), W was selected.

I'm sure several companies would have loved to get Newmar. W's culture is similar and looking at the Grand Design acquisition, Newmar should be in good hands.

At the Tampa rally after the tent Q&A, I spoke at length with the Winnebago person managing the acquisition. Very interesting conversation. He did the Grand Design acquisition as well. He was adamant, why would we mess with success? Newmar has , in a somewhat tough year for RV manufacturers, increased market share and units sold.

Time will tell, but my money is on Newmar and Matt.
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #7

I see no changes in Newmar whatsoever. They will remain the great company they have always been.
WulfHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Johninar,
The tipping point decision was Matt's only son. He is not interested in following in his grand dad or dad's footsteps. With no third generation Miller combined with several other factors selling the company was the correct decision.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, newmar, entegra